OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, as @DaveC is saying Moonshine helps you apply your results. It also provides some guidelines on certain trace elements - such as iodide - and others that can be blind dosed. I will say that Zoanthids looks good with some rubidium in the water!
Isn't this like having a residential HVAC Company into your home to do a "free" furnace inspection....

only for the technician to say, "oh man! Good you had us out, we need to rebuild your entire unit, your neighbors, the whole community in fact. Here's our quote for $447,432"

Lol

Last edited:

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this like having a residential HVAC Company into your home to do a "free" furnace inspection....

only for the technician to say, "oh man! Good you had us out, we need to rebuild your entire unit, your neighbors, the whole community in fact. Here's our quote for $447,432"

Lol
I’m not quite sure what you mean here?

The OP had an ICP result with high iodine. As mentioned above, Moonshine provides better instructions for dosing certain trace elements, including Iodine. The documentation is free. So it’s more like you call the HVAC company with an error code and they point you to the documentation with a solution to solve the problem without coming to your house.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You beat me to it! I’ve commented on this before but an ICP is not that useful if you are not applying it as part of a system. And I feel like Moonshine is a pretty simple system to follow.

Moonshine levels with the rubidium split into daily doses will grow zoanthids for sure.

Just tonight I was refilling my little dropper bottle of iodide and looked at the standard dose on the bottle. Outrageous! The standard dose for my tank was like 4ml every other day. I dose 9 drops so something like 0.27ml daily.

Do you know of any research that shows zoanthids using rubidium?

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Spare time there is consistent feedback in the Moonshine user group and I experienced the same thing in my system. I would consider this anecdotal, like so many other recommendations. However, if you are seriously interested in the research contact Andre directly and he will likely share if he has any specific references.

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zoa what - Stop keeping us in suspense - now that you have your ICP tests, what are you going to do based on the results?
MY TAKE-AWAYS
* Absolutely STOP dosing any Iodine/Iodide supplement. Letting it adjust thru time and WCs

* Letting the Aluminum and Copper readings be a non issue

* My high phosphorous/po4 numbers are coming from the amount of phyto I dose from home brewing. I use the f/2 fertilizer which is a concoction of nitrates and phosphates..... So, upping my use BactoBalance and adding Vodka in the AM dose

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Spare time there is consistent feedback in the Moonshine user group and I experienced the same thing in my system. I would consider this anecdotal, like so many other recommendations. However, if you are seriously interested in the research contact Andre directly and he will likely share if he has any specific references.
So went out to this moonshiner website

No clear-cut method of entering your ICP results. I guess it's thru FB. I dont use FB, never will. Zuckerberg is an evil elitist man.

Seems like the website does offer a mirage of dosing options to B U Y

Individual elements at the tune of $30-$60 for stuff like Nickel and Cobalt etc etc.

Noooo thank you.

Dosing individual elements where you can only test for overdoses thru a $50 ICP test? Noooo thank you.

Last edited:

RGoltz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went out to this moonshiner website

No clear-cut method of entering your ICP results. I guess it's thru FB. I dont use FB, never will. Zuckerberg is an evil elitist man.

Seems like the website does offer a mirage of dosing options to B U Y

Individual elements at the tune of $30-$60 for stuff like Nickel and Cobalt etc etc.

Noooo thank you.

Dosing individual elements where you can only test for overdoses thru a $50 ICP test? What, you thinking I have endless money doing 20x ICP tests a year? Lol
I pointed to the Moonshine materials because there is guidance on dosing Iodine in the handbook and also in the calculator. You should be able to find these here. No Facebook needed.

The title of your post was “Give me advice on my icp test results…help me interpret” and in these cases I would say there is some more context provided by the moonshine documentation and tools which may help you interpret the results.

I never suggested anything about how much money you should be spending, I only pointed you to free resources. However I will break that seal and mention that I did find the $4 e-book on coral coloration - which mainly focuses on nutrient management - useful when trying to balance nutrients.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back