Giveaway Disclaimer for Winners

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I guess I will give this a try.
Go to the active giveaways threads and enter there. They are legit. I just won a gift card from @WestCoastCorals in one of the latest giveaways and used it in their livesale yesterday.
Screenshot_20220330-223854.png

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to R2R. hoping I enter giveaways right lol. … would love to actually for once actually win something.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m new to R2R. hoping I enter giveaways right lol. … would love to actually for once actually win something.
Go to the Giveaway's & Contests link and click on the active giveaways. Post #1 (usually from @Daniel@R2R or @revhtree ) will have the entry instructions. There's going to be an official entry and then bonus entries. Make a separate post for each entry you do - official entry first. Good luck!

Edit: the posts in the top "sticky" area are usually the active giveaways but the end dates will be listed in the rules of the post, typically near the end.

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully I will enter them right. Lol
Would love to win something that would help me showcase the love and excitement I have for being in the hobby.
it would be great. Thank you for the opportunity ❤️

john her

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
We like to give away stuff here at Reef2Reef and I know you like to win it! We have learned a few things over the years and to help improve on what we are learning I wanted to create a thread as we go along. So keep an eye out for updates.

1. Winners outside the US will be required to pay for the shipping of prizes won.

2. Winners who win a certain prize will not be eligible again to win that same prize within a 1 year period. *exception for supporting member giveaway (see rule 5) or where otherwise stated in the contest rules.

3. Winners who post a thread with photos about their prize and the sponsor who donated the prize will be eligible for a special annual giveaway contest. (more details to come) https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-contest-and-giveaway-winners-circle-thread.103002/

4. Only US residents are eligible for livestock giveaways.

5. Winners of the Supporting members giveaway are not eligible to win again for 3 months.

6. Winner responsible for all applicable taxes as determined by your state of residence.

7. Unless otherwise stated in the opening post of a contest, we (either Reef2Reef staff or the sponsor of the contest) will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
It sounds good

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, if I enter the Avast caption contest and win the jerky, am I still eligible to enter again the next time, for a chance at the grand prize?
@Daniel@R2R , @revhtree , I've been wondering about this myself and couldn't find an answer. When a contest has more than one prize, how does rule #5 work? I've already put myself on a 3 month Reef2Reef Site Supporter Giveaway blackout but was still curious.
Also, how about if we win one of the secondary prizes but we already have that. Can we put it back up for redraw without having rule #5 imposed upon us?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Daniel@R2R , @revhtree , I've been wondering about this myself and couldn't find an answer. When a contest has more than one prize, how does rule #5 work? I've already put myself on a 3 month Reef2Reef Site Supporter Giveaway blackout but was still curious.
Also, how about if we win one of the secondary prizes but we already have that. Can we put it back up for redraw without having rule #5 imposed upon us?
You're just not eligible to win the same prize. In a contest with diverse prizes, you can still win one of the other prizes. The way this works practically is that as I'm drawing names, I already know what prize we're drawing for, so in the event that a name is drawn that isn't eligible, I would draw for another name. HTH

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're just not eligible to win the same prize. In a contest with diverse prizes, you can still win one of the other prizes. The way this works practically is that as I'm drawing names, I already know what prize we're drawing for, so in the event that a name is drawn that isn't eligible, I would draw for another name. HTH
Thanks for the clarification.

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We like to give away stuff here at Reef2Reef and I know you like to win it! We have learned a few things over the years and to help improve on what we are learning I wanted to create a thread as we go along. So keep an eye out for updates.

1. Winners outside the US will be required to pay for the shipping of prizes won.

2. Winners who win a certain prize will not be eligible again to win that same prize within a 1 year period. *exception for supporting member giveaway (see rule 5) or where otherwise stated in the contest rules.

3. Winners who post a thread with photos about their prize and the sponsor who donated the prize will be eligible for a special annual giveaway contest. (more details to come) https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r2r-contest-and-giveaway-winners-circle-thread.103002/

5. Winners of the Supporting members giveaway are not eligible to win again for 3 months.

6. Winner responsible for all applicable taxes as determined by your state of residence.

7. Unless otherwise stated in the opening post of a contest, we (either Reef2Reef staff or the sponsor of the contest) will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
My day will come.

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the heads up

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 104 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 54 29.8%
Back