Given the chance would you keep an "Albino" Tang?

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 different kind of reefers these days...there are hobbyist who love all coral and fish as long as it catches there eye, and then there are collectors who only want what you dont have, or cant find...I love all types of coral but dont have a tank that will allow me to buy everything that I see and that I like...so I only buy stuff that is rare so it takes longer to over fill my tank...BAD ADDICTION LOL...that fish is rare and I usually love things thing that a supper rare like that, but that one just looks looks *****...I have seen some in the past that look a lot cooler...even though I like rare things I dont normally buy stuff that is so far over priced like that, but dont take me wrong I will still drop some coin on certain thing's that I can justify the price with. :tongue: I vote to lower the price and maybe it might look a lil cooler...lol

Last edited:

avianman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are a diver you know that these are seen fairly often - certainly not as often as normal yellows, but often nonetheless. I see them especially in the waters off of the Big Island of Hawai'i.

Personally, it's not for me, but neither are normal yellow tangs.

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig it, I wouldn't pay a lot for it, but I think it's more intresting looking them my standard yellow tang.

CardsFan

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH MY GOD!
THAT TANG IS SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UGLY!
I would not get it EVEN if it was free

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not an albino. Albinos lack pigmentation....including the eyes. I don't see pink eyes in that fish. That's someone trying to cash in on a very rare occurrence by selling, what I term, a f-ugly fish.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefkeepers are typically in this hobby because of attractive colors. Looking at that tang reminds me of something that is bleached out which is not appealing. I honestly think it's ugly.
Seen the going rate for a pair Wyoming Whites? I have to wonder if the reaction would be different if the first post was something along the lines of "Look how SiCk this AlBiNo TaNG is?!?" Just an observation. Cool fish!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pass, but then again I am a wrasse fan... :wink:

-Terry

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get one.....I would be very picky about the look and it would HAVE to have black in the mix.

Back