GK3’s IM AIO 30 - Tank+Apex+100%DIY

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the timer is a great trick. I do that with my DSLR as well. Timer and a tripod made a huge difference with my landscape shots! I am pretty amaturish though.
Yeah, when you do it for landscape..if you don't already do this, its so you can slow your shutter speed down to allow more light to the sensor. That's what usually happens with most people using cell phones. Not knowing their phones are in 'auto' mode. When the phones camera sensor doesn't detect enough light...it 'automatically' slows the shutter speed...too much. The slightest hand movement creates blur.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, when you do it for landscape..if you don't already do this, its so you can slow your shutter speed down to allow more light to the sensor. That's what usually happens with most people using cell phones. Not knowing their phones are in 'auto' mode. When the phones camera sensor doesn't detect enough light...it 'automatically' slows the shutter speed...too much. The slightest hand movement creates blur.

I will give that a shot. Funny getting photography advice here but its super helpful!

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So tank is running a bit warm. Between the fact I am in Florida in July and these radions, it’s right around 80 degrees. I’d like to chill that at least on degree preferably 1.5. Anyone used this before Chill Solutions CSXC-1 Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller
38fcb74a14a03fe4877c0264423510ea.jpg

https://www.marinedepot.com/chill-s...MIwNHfvYOf4wIVCYvICh3Ltw4WEAQYAiABEgKzl_D_BwE

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tank is running a bit warm. Between the fact I am in Florida in July and these radions, it’s right around 80 degrees. I’d like to chill that at least on degree preferably 1.5. Anyone used this before Chill Solutions CSXC-1 Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller
38fcb74a14a03fe4877c0264423510ea.jpg

https://www.marinedepot.com/chill-s...MIwNHfvYOf4wIVCYvICh3Ltw4WEAQYAiABEgKzl_D_BwE
Have you tried to blow a fan over the surface of the water? Gives a lot of cooling power. Easy to control with an Apex or temp controller.

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great looking tank, really like the scape. Are you still planning on doing the custom stand? Those designs are amazing.

Thank you. Rock work is a touch high in my opinion but when I get the tank moved and water level up, it should be good.

As far as the stand goes, I actually found a way to make it out of 8020 for way less. So yes, I do plan to still do the posted designs with a few tweaks. I plan to have it built in August once I get moved.

Do you have a 30L?

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Latest update:

Corals and live stock are moved in with the exception of my electric blue hermit. Still not growing much on rocks so I am waiting for a larger food source before I move him.

Latest parameters:

Alk: 11
Cal: 440
Phos: 0
Nitrates: 0
Ph: 7.67
Salt: 1.026

Corals haven’t looked super happy the past two days. I believe it’s because my nitrates dropped out completely and this system doesn’t have a CO2 scrubber yet so the pH got pulled low by skimmer intake. Since my nitrates are way too low, I just turned the skimmer off. Hopefully this moves my nitrates back to 10-20 ppm and let’s my pH get a little higher. I also ghost fed 6-10 food pallets.

Not a huge fan of chasing pH but 7.67 is a quite low, even for my taste.

Oh and for those of you watching, I did add a halloween hermit.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet that stand is going to be so nice, going to be really cool to see.

Yes I have a 7 month old 30L just started a build thread on it. Not much there now but I’m going to update it and following along with others.

I have the same issue with low ph. Mine varies from 7.7-7.9. I think because it’s in a bedroom of a well sealed house with a lot of people. Have you tried the Co2 scrubber route? I was thinking about trying it but wasn’t sure how it would go with a nano skimmer.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update:

Corals and live stock are moved in with the exception of my electric blue hermit. Still not growing much on rocks so I am waiting for a larger food source before I move him.

Latest parameters:

Alk: 11
Cal: 440
Phos: 0
Nitrates: 0
Ph: 7.67
Salt: 1.026

Corals haven’t looked super happy the past two days. I believe it’s because my nitrates dropped out completely and this system doesn’t have a CO2 scrubber yet so the pH got pulled low by skimmer intake. Since my nitrates are way too low, I just turned the skimmer off. Hopefully this moves my nitrates back to 10-20 ppm and let’s my pH get a little higher. I also ghost fed 6-10 food pallets.

Not a huge fan of chasing pH but 7.67 is a quite low, even for my taste.

Oh and for those of you watching, I did add a halloween hermit.
Halloween Hermits are trouble makers but they are still awesome.
72cb66ccdd87ce852a529af6a72063b2.jpg

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sweet that stand is going to be so nice, going to be really cool to see.

Yes I have a 7 month old 30L just started a build thread on it. Not much there now but I’m going to update it and following along with others.

I have the same issue with low ph. Mine varies from 7.7-7.9. I think because it’s in a bedroom of a well sealed house with a lot of people. Have you tried the Co2 scrubber route? I was thinking about trying it but wasn’t sure how it would go with a nano skimmer.

Drop me a link to your build thread.

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adding a section to my build thread: The Grave Yard

1. Rock flower anemone.

I know, too early for the nem, but got a good deal on it so gave it a shot. It was actually doing well until I had temperature issues and think that melted him.

I want to make sure I have >85% success rate with inhabitants so I am going to keep track of losses.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Tank is looking great! Can't wait to see the custom stand!

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow! Tank is looking great! Can't wait to see the custom stand!

Thank you! I will admit I’ve been neglecting my build thread. I just moved to NC and I have the tank set up, but not on my custom stand. Plan to have it on there in the next month. Will post big update then.

In the mean time: during the move my rocks fell on my two headed ausi torch. I re-glued them (separate now) but not sure they’ll make it. I also lost my peach acro. Everything else made the move fine.

After a week in the new place my fiancé’s seahorse went for a swim and end up with an all white tail. Not sure if it was tail rot or a PH. Either way, it died 3 days later. Now it’s just Dave.

All corals Are looking good. Only issues are nitrates are 0 and phos is 0. Might get Dave a mate to raise bio load. I also noticed one rock is getting diatoms/algae so may add a snail or two to help.

Positive note: my single polyp utter chaos is now 4 polyps. Small victory but I’ll take it.

So Dave’s mate: similar size warty angler or fuzzy dwarf lion (golden) or dwarf golden eel? It’s only a 20 gal display and I only want to feed live food.

And go for opinions....

OP
OP
GK3

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Angler! No contest. I do love fuzzy dwarf lions but Anglers are my favorite fish.

I forget, who is Dave, a seahorse?
Dave is a frogfish. He is a black dwarf one currently around 3.5-4" long. I was saying he needs a tank mate. I know I can do a similar sized warty frogfish but I also though about a larger fuzzy dwarf.

Back