Gluing mini shelf to back wall of wb20

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a WB20 and want to add some shelves to the back wall for an acro or an aggressive coral like a space invader. I'm thinking about using the thin mini marco shelf rocks. The shelves are about the size of my palm so not heavy at all. The back wall is glass so I'm thinking about trying to find an L shaped glass piece and gluing that with some aquarium silicone (or super glue if that works better) to the back wall. Then I would just have the shelf rock glued or siliconed on the horizontal surface of the L shaped glass.

Do you think this is feasible? Anyone know where I can find a piece of glass like this?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably have more luck finding acrylic pieces as opposed to glass. But yes, it is feasible. I've also seen rocks glued directly to the glass as well as magnets drilled into the rocks so they can be moved around.

I have two space invaders - they're probably the least aggressive of all my corals.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, rock is unlikely to stick to the glass or fail quickly under stress. Something synthetic like glass or acrylic that you can silicone in place cleanly would be your best bet.

OP
OP
PugsAndFish

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i use aquarium silicnoe, is it easily scraped off the back wall 100% cleanly or will there be residue left

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back