GNC BluRay M Pro finally arrived - (photos intense)

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my PRO today. Got it programmed quickly. I really like the simplicity of the programming. Just 3 channels and ramp up and down. Its pretty much like the SKY program ... set and forget.
After 6 months of use. I get used to the 3-channels approach, especially, once you settle with the spectrum/intensity, it becomes "set and forget". There are still 2 wishful thinking. For one, real life lunar phase with intensity of course. Second, smoother, curve-like, transition between intensity changing. I am curious, if GNC has been able to make Ramp Up and Down features so smooth, why can't they make the same to other manual settings. Why the smooth feature is limited to Ramp Up and Down these 2 special features?

Last edited:

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Installed! Sweet!

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sexy looking light with the hanger! They are a piece of art. Can't beat the Italian taste of design. They are the BEST! Don't be stingy; more photos.

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. My corals are florecessing much more than with any other light I have had. I dont understand why these have not caught on better than they have. Marketing and hype I surmise. They are a best kept secret. Also, I do like their mount. It could be used with a lot of other fixtures as well. I wanted to free up the space on the back of my tank.

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update since I am not aware of any way to update the firmware (if there is such a thing), everything stays the same. My current light settings 45%white/90red/100%blue. I am very happy with M-Pro. Coral growth is satisfactory I guess since I have no other light I can compare with. Corals do grow; especially the center neon green disc-like coral (I don't know the name).

Compare these 2 photos; First taken Jan 2022, Second just an hour agao

TC_00215 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

Two days ago, I just upgraded to a bit larger tank, from Waterbox Cube 20 to Fiji 32 AIO that was on July 4th Sales. The Fiji is very close to my dream size tank. I will post a new thread a bit later with many photos.

Here are just a few pixs with GNC in the scene. I adjusted M-Pro settings to 35/90/50 then with Orpheck Reef Auarium 20K filter lens to match the "real life" coral color. Not quite but close enough and that's the best I can do with iPhone 12 SE camera. Hmm, the tank still looks a lot bluer in photos. But If I lowered M-Pro blue setting, then coral color would be off quite a bit. Strange! Sorry, I am a photo newbie.

IMG_2131.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

Last edited:

Huynhter_Soldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been looking into these lights for like a month now. I'm just in a battle of decided which version to go with. I have a Reefer 650 and I was going to get 2 Pro but man I just can't shed that amount of money now so I thought I might just get 2 M Pro and if needed I'll get a 3rd M Pro. Or would you say just wait and get the 2 Pro and call it a done deal?

OP
OP
Haacheew

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to @Hydrored , he might still have 5 of the lightly used GNC Pro available. I think he only used them for less than 2 months. You might get a good deal off him. Moreover, Hydrored should have experience about how many lights should be used; just browse through his latest build threads.

If I could've delayed my purchase for another 2.5 months, I would've got the Pro for just $800 on the Christmas sale (last Christmas I mean). What a "steal".

Longatto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you still happy with the GNC pro? still getting good coral growth?

is there a lot of light spillage?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back