Goby and shrimp pair for a 16 gallon

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 16 gallon biocube with only a four stripe damsel in it. He’s old so eventually he’ll pass on me. When he does can I get by with a shrimp and goby pair in a tank this small? Any suggestions on the goby? I’m going with a candy cane pistol since the LFS only gets MASSIVE tigers when they get tigers. And I like my corals low on my rockwork.

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pistol and a goby pair in my 20 gal drop off. I don't think he's every bothered any of the snails in there. But he did bury and kill a couple acans

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pistol and a goby pair in my 20 gal drop off. I don't think he's every bothered any of the snails in there. But he did bury and kill a couple acans
He couldn’t be any worse than my old engineer goby lol. Dude was 18” long and basically destroyed my tank every night

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Randal's pistol shrimps seriously excavate my tank EVERY night. It's how I know they are still in there lol. I got a goby for them but I think he may have given up his ghost!

Grapefruit509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pistols I've had have never been seen targeting any thing else in the tank, except my jawfish who would not be welcome in his den, had scratches on him but they cool now

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 16 gallon biocube with only a four stripe damsel in it. He’s old so eventually he’ll pass on me. When he does can I get by with a shrimp and goby pair in a tank this small? Any suggestions on the goby? I’m going with a candy cane pistol since the LFS only gets MASSIVE tigers when they get tigers. And I like my corals low on my rockwork.
yes, go with candy cane, and dont use a ywg but instead maybe a wheelers

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back