TSM Aquatics

trapphd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Overnight, it appears that my YWG and pistol shrimp may have separated. They normally occupy a burrow (and tunnels, of course) in the left side of the tank. This morning, though, the Goby seems a bit out of sorts and there is a new pile of sand under a cave of rockwork on the right side of the tank. I haven’t seen the shrimp yet (or heard the clicking) but suspect he has somehow relocated. Is that unusual? I figured his poor eyesight and bond with the YWG would’ve kept him from straying.

Maxout
OP
trapphd

trapphd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Update: the YWG found his buddy! Somehow, the shrimp had indeed moved to the right rock formation and is busy excavating with his trusty watchman looking out. Honestly, it's a better outcome for them -- the cave is more protected and I don't have sandbed corals near it. The one interesting wrinkle is that my ocellaris pair enjoy hanging around it, so I will monitor for any territorial disputes.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It happens. Although once mine found a perm place after a few months they never moved again. I didn't muck with rearranging tank that much. Mostly because they found a spot I could watch them from my chair. That's what finally locked my aquascape in for good. :)

TSM Aquatics

Speaking of your latest coral purchase...

• It was a GREAT deal

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • It was a good deal

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • It was nether good nor bad

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • It was a bad deal

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.7%