goby

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191207_074907.jpg
would you say he got himself in a fight ? Woke up to hom like his and have seen him hanging around the eels neck of the woods

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oww! That's got to hurt. Keep and eye on it. If the red area continues to grow, a bacterial infection could be a foot. Treat with wide spectrum antibiotic like NFG powder, Furan2, and for infections of the head area, I have had good results with Sulfaplex + Neoplex.

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oww! That's got to hurt. Keep and eye on it. If the red area continues to grow, a bacterial infection could be a foot. Treat with wide spectrum antibiotic like NFG powder, Furan2, and for infections of the head area, I have had good results with Sulfaplex + Neoplex.
thanks for your help

Manthanol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a hematoma or internal breeding. I had a diamond goby that would jump out the water and hit its head really hard against the lid every time I walked into the room and developed the hematoma. It did not make it as its hematoma was deeper and possibly some fractured bones in the head. Gobies are jumpers, do you have a hard lid on your tank? Best of luck with the little guy.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. If the redness becomes more noticeable and growing dramatically in size I wouldn’t wait to treat, as fish infections are slow to react to medications. Time isn’t your friend, so be ready with a quarantine for treatment. Good luck!

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a hematoma or internal breeding. I had a diamond goby that would jump out the water and hit its head really hard against the lid every time I walked into the room and developed the hematoma. It did not make it as its hematoma was deeper and possibly some fractured bones in the head. Gobies are jumpers, do you have a hard lid on your tank? Best of luck with the little guy.
thanks for your reply, yes have a tight fitted cover over tank as I have an eel as well. I have been seeing him swimming about more so it's a possibility he has hit his head

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back