Gobys eye and update and questions

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya all,
20191211_183903.jpg
me again Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far ! very new and so thankful for all your help and support ! Now I need help with my gobys eye, as my prev post the redness is all cleared up but now its cloudy and he has stopped eating. Also update on the ich ! it seems at bay so I haven't QT anything. Mabey I got the diagnoses wrong or its just at bay ? QT tank is still cycling thinking about throwing in some raw shrimp to speed it up ?

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be better off dosing with Dr. Tims, BioSpira, Turbo Start, etc. to start the cycle.
I have dosed with dr Tim's ammona and useing microbe lift special blend should this work ? do I just need more time ?

Microbe-Lift Special Blend

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a hospital tank, waiting for the tank to cycle is a luxury you can't usually wait for to happen. Most will dose, stabilize and then use the tank. Just keep plenty of mixed saltwater ready to do water changes as needed. Do you have an Ammonia Alert Badge for your tank?

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a hospital tank, waiting for the tank to cycle is a luxury you can't usually wait for to happen. Most will dose, stabilize and then use the tank. Just keep plenty of mixed saltwater ready to do water changes as needed. Do you have an Ammonia Alert Badge for your tank?
Yea this is what I was worried about how will it cycle. Should I just keep going with it in the hope I wont need it soon then if the case may be I can do water changes to lower the ammona ? yes I got myself a alert badge

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider getting the goby into the hospital tank asap. The not eating, cloudiness can indicate a bacterial infection is setting in. Treating eye infections with erythromycin is a solid move. It works directly on the RNA helping the eye to recover.
For general injury/infections of the head area have had very good results with Sulfplex + Neoplex. Both are wide spectrum antibiotics.

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd consider getting the goby into the hospital tank asap. The not eating, cloudiness can indicate a bacterial infection is setting in. Treating eye infections with erythromycin is a solid move. It works directly on the RNA helping the eye to recover.
For general injury/infections of the head area have had very good results with Sulfplex + Neoplex. Both are wide spectrum antibiotics.
perfect thanks for your advice. Can these things spread ?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perfect thanks for your advice. Can these things spread ?
Generally speaking, bacterial infections can but don't often spread from fish to fish without some sort of direct contact. Bacterial infections usually are a "secondary" infection resulting from injury, illness, poor water quality, where a fish's immune system is compromised.

OP
OP
kaylshouse15

kaylshouse15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking, bacterial infections can but don't often spread from fish to fish without some sort of direct contact. Bacterial infections usually are a "secondary" infection resulting from injury, illness, poor water quality, where a fish's immune system is compromised.
thanks for your help

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back