Going all in.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept a 10 gallon freshwater aquarium most of my life and spent most of that time thinking of one day having a large tank in my home. I just pulled the trigger on a 135 gallon Seapora reef ready tank, though I don't plan to reef in the near future. I've got a lot to learn and will likely work may way in that direction. It's a beautiful tank and I'm excited. Currently in the process of filling it. I have never done this before and I have a lot of fancy new equipment, so I may be back asking a lot of questions. So far I've learned that aquascaping is not as easy as one might think.

IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2020.jpg
IMG_2032.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually a shipwreck. My 6 year old had two requests, starfish and a shipwreck. He doesn't have to twist my arm to get either of them.
Excellent! I can make it out now that I know what it is!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and great looking tank so far!

If your unhappy with the aquascaping, just do a google search on ‘modern aquascape designs’ and you can get some ideas if you need them, but it looks great so far anyway.

And ask away the questions whenever you need to.

OP
OP
SeaJay

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and great looking tank so far!

If your unhappy with the aquascaping, just do a google search on ‘modern aquascape designs’ and you can get some ideas if you need them, but it looks great so far anyway.

And ask away the questions whenever you need to.
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm sure I'll want to change it some down the road, but this will get me in the game.

I'm sure most of what I will ask has been covered, but if I can't find a thread I'll see if someone can just point me in the right direction.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SeaJay

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in the double return pumps. Any advantages to running two pumps vs one larger? (I guess, if one pump goes out you still have flow?).

I think it's a combination of that, increased flow and a good salesman at my local fish store.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I have the same Eshopp. I did find out that those hoses where a little noisier. I did hard pluming with a gate valve to make it quite. Just a thought. ;)

Also, I would make that wall outlet a GFI in case water get into it.

OP
OP
SeaJay

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yohohi.gif

Yarrrr.... Welcome! Ask away! Sweet set up!

Can I be that guy and ask what that price tag was?
Tank was $689. I looked at a few and this is the best quality glass tank I saw. I like the size. It's 135 gal, but it's as tall as the 150. I was limited on space (it's behind my couch in the living room), so this appealed to me. It's reef ready, has nice silicone work and glass reinforcements on top. Overall I spent about $2,200. That's also the glass canopies, sump, skimmer, pumps, lights, 150lbs rock, 100 lbs agra-alive fiji pink, heater, 2 wave makers, and plumbing. I could have saved $200-$300 sourcing everything myself, but they delivered it and set it all up dry just like you see in the first picture, so it was well worth paying full retail IMO.

Back