Going away on Saturday, too late to get fish

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going away for a week on Saturday but an lfs near me that quarantines recently has Yasha gobies in stock and don’t think they’ll be there for long. Would it be bad if I got it today because I’ll be gone soon and won’t be able to observe it for a week. I’ll have someone over the week to feed the fish but she’s not a reefer so she wouldn’t know it look for signs of an unhealthy fish. Bad idea or good idea let me know?

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion the fish will either make it or not weather you are there or not. Could purchase fish and tell LFS to hold it til you get back.

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on if this is going into QT or straight into the DT. I wouldn’t do it if it’s the latter because if the fish is carrying something and dies of it in your tank your other fish are in trouble

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely wait on this one.

We've all been there and wanted a particular fish. It sucks that they have them now, and you won't be home. But it's much better to wait and not make rash decision, then have someone else try and feed a brand new fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back