GOING BIGGER: Are you planning a reef tank UPGRADE?

How soon to you plan to upgrade your aquarium?

• Happening NOW

Votes: 172 21.8%
  • Within 6 months

Votes: 69 8.7%
  • Within 1 year

Votes: 95 12.0%
  • 1 - 3 Years

Votes: 144 18.2%
  • Not sure when but at some point

Votes: 193 24.4%
  • Never

Votes: 117 14.8%

• Total voters

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Yes

2) My tank is in my family room directly opposite my easy chair right next to my regular TV. I like to look at my tank. I have a 125 now that’s 6 foot long by 2 feet high. I’m upgrading in the next couple of months to a 10 foot long by 26 inch high tank. The bigger the better. My build thread:

WirelessMike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was all about upgrading to a larger tank about 6 months ago. After research on the cost of what I really wanted and the space I have in my current home I couldn’t justify it. So instead I took all the lessons I learned with my original 65 and sump and decided to try and make it the tank I always dreamed it would be. Maybe one of these days I will move and have more room for a large tank, but for now I’m good.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am just waiting for the stuff I've ordered to arrive and my new build will start!!

New 135g reef ready tank by Aquarium Masters
Local cabinet shop for stand
Eshopps r300 sump
Repurpose my current skimmer
2 new kessil A360x Tuna Blues (total of 4)
50 pounds of dry rock soaking in a garbage can from my last water change water.
60 pounds Carib Sea live sand

I am going to add a backup heater,
and a light for the refugium chamber on the sump.
All the wave makers and such that are on my current 55g will be repurposed to the new build.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the new IM 40L and couldn’t click “buy” fast enough!
Did you ended up getting the EXT or the AIO version? I’m looking at possibility ordering the EXT version. The dimensions are really nice but not much information out there besides the pre-order for end of July shipping. Not sure if those dates will, can slip or are firm.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you ended up getting the EXT or the AIO version? I’m looking at possibility ordering the EXT version. The dimensions are really nice but not much information out there besides the pre-order for end of July shipping. Not sure if those dates will, can slip or are firm.
I did the AIO version because I rent and prefer to have as few possible flooding points as possible. However, if that wasn't the case I would have done the EXT for sure... the dimensions are great.

I have heard that their ship dates tend to get pushed out a bit. So I'm not really expecting to have it in July (even through I am local to them). But it's an upgrade not a new tank so I'm a bit more patient about it.

Back