OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I hear of a yellow coris with a lesion like that, I always jump to Uronema. That’s a tough one to treat, and when you see it combined with rapid breathing, I’ve not been able to save them. Luckily, Uronema does not affect all fish equally; mostly wrasse and chromis.
Jay
Only the Royal gramma, pseudochromis and this wrasse have gotten lesions. They have all had lethargy and rapid breathing and a few have had a spot or two of ich. It’s very confusing, especially since we are relatively new to the hobby

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a strong proponent of the “dip and move” idea. Dips typically only knock parasites back by some percentage, never 100% though, so the disease soon can return.
Jay

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a strong proponent of the “dip and move” idea. Dips typically only knock parasites back by some percentage, never 100% though, so the disease soon can return.
Jay
Ok. I just thought I’d ask. It will survive PraziPro because it’s already been treated with that. I will do the PraziPro 1st x 3 then observe. I’m in this for the long haul so I’ve got plenty of time to treat, change water, observe, etc. PraziPro is what I’ve got but it is almost gone. Is there another brand of Prazi you like better?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I just thought I’d ask. It will survive PraziPro because it’s already been treated with that. I will do the PraziPro 1st x 3 then observe. I’m in this for the long haul so I’ve got plenty of time to treat, change water, observe, etc. PraziPro is what I’ve got but it is almost gone. Is there another brand of Prazi you like better?
I like just plain praziquantel, but it isn’t available in small quantities. I can more easily adjust treatment levels with it. Prazipro has a solvent in it, that just means you need to aerate the water when using it.
Jay

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This yellow wrasse is really fighting for its life. Current salinity is 1.026. I’m going to start a drip of RODI now. What is your recommendation for where I should bring it down to and over how long? Thanks again! You’re the BEST

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree w that Fishsticks

the reason, you aren't using any of that data to effect cures/log them on file. I realize you may be against the practice of prevention, but fallow is what was selected here so why not maximize the offer. Any disgreements someone has with bed cleaning wont matter in a thread logging five hundred sand cleans, pick the reason its all the same and we have the outcomes logged, my recommend is based on literally years of seeing those jobs through to the end. then collecting eight month/3 yr follow ups.

I think the OP wanting to handle ich via fallow follows what the work shows, in threads where people take corrective measures this is the best we can get.

Ill read any alternate links of work you might have. The typing above didn't give steps nor a thread we could inspect for outcome patterns.

I don't want to see a thread of Paul's tank. I want to see a thread where you took a public tank / ich and turned it around, remotely, not in your home. That's what the op needs as I read it/alternatives that have decent consistency and are being used in the disease forum to lessen losses.
Thanks Brandon. I lost my yellow coris last night too. I’m not going to experiment on my reef while I try to save it. To me fallow is the next best choice. Segregate and try to treat whatever it is they may have. I had the wrasse in a black bucket dosed with PraziPro and hyposaline. It fought hard but lost. I will have my son look when he wakes up to see if there’s any evidence of flukes that fell off of him while he was in there but neither my husband nor myself see any.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is data that is accepted based solely on the thread its posted in not for the actual patterns logged.

for forty pages we did the same set of moves not once a variation. Outcomes are logged, and positive, and searchable.

heres how reception of the data works for discerning posters:

-in a fish disease forum, that’s insane. You’d risk blowing up the reef by touching its sand? You will kill everyone’s reefs with the crazy.

-in a cyano help thread, thanks for saving my reef it’s never been better.

-in a home move thread, thanks for moving the reef we lost nothing.

-in a sandbed swap request, thanks for not killing our tank and making the new one cloudless.

-in a tank upgrade/combine two tanks job, the outcome was wonderful after pics of a blended tank

see how context matters... but not how we conduct the job-thats interesting to me as a work maker.

That being said I don’t blame you for going with intuition that’s hard to deal with fish disease and if I am ever going to get to enjoy mixed fish I’ll have to buy a bigger tank and make this same choice set one day.

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post mortem photos. The tail lesion isn’t new, never noticed the facial ones previously but doesn’t mean they weren’t there. Regardless of how anyone else feels about me going fallow I feel like it is the only option I have left other then watching them die off one at a time.
B9F4F08C-9B6B-49CA-AC19-6FF4AA8C03BD.jpeg
7260AFEB-6816-4A68-85C8-10B16D175E1C.jpeg
5682C5E1-D8CA-4E45-A083-D858C2653F8A.jpeg
EF88DA4D-9009-4204-A0E5-9FF8E982561D.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back