Going on vacation would my Clowns be ok?

CrazyDuck959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’m going on vacation Friday through Sunday. I can feed my fish Friday morning and Sunday night. But in between I can’t feed them (Obviously). Would the Clownfish x2 and my Fire Shrimp x1 be ok for the time period of about 48 hours with no food? Or should I ask one of my friends to come and feed them. I would prefer not to have one of my friends feed them (One of my friends is available to do it). But if it’s needed I can. Looking forward to y’all’s responses.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’m going on vacation Friday through Sunday. I can feed my fish Friday morning and Sunday night. But in between I can’t feed them (Obviously). Would the Clownfish x2 and my Fire Shrimp x1 be ok for the time period of about 48 hours with no food? Or should I ask one of my friends to come and feed them. I would prefer not to have one of my friends feed them (One of my friends is available to do it). But if it’s needed I can. Looking forward to y’all’s responses.

How long has the tank been established?

They will be fine for 2 days regardless, but if you've been up and running for a bit. The pods and algae will be more than enough for 48+ hours.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up to a week is fine after that an autofeeder

kelp47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go on vacation for a solid week once a year. During this time, I have someone feed my fish just 2 or 3 times spread through the week. Never had a problem. This includes a pair of clowns that are now 6 years old.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine.
I went 4 days without an auto feeder no issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

• I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back