Going to a frag swap. I have a couple of questions about them.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to a frag swap in FL this weekend and I have a couple of noob questions:

- It is about 1 hr. away from me. Can I keep a soft coral in the bag/car that long to take it home? (this will be my first purchase for my new tank)

- Are these going to be all high end corals, or will I be able to pick some up for $20-$30?

- is there anything I should be taking in case I get a couple of corals? (like a cooler)

Thanks!

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to a frag swap in FL this weekend and I have a couple of noob questions:

- It is about 1 hr. away from me. Can I keep a soft coral in the bag/car that long to take it home? (this will be my first purchase for my new tank)

- Are these going to be all high end corals, or will I be able to pick some up for $20-$30?

- is there anything I should be taking in case I get a couple of corals? (like a cooler)

Thanks!
Those styrophoam containers I think we all hoard, I’d take one of those if you plan to get a bunch of stuff :) that’s personally what I do lol even though I never fill it up!! You should find a spectrum of low-high end stuff

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag swaps are usually great for lots of $10 corals. And of course more expensive ones. I just bring my insulated lunch box/bag

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back