Going to be setting up a Biocube 32 as my first ever saltwater tank! Looking for stocking ideas! :)

longneckloach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am going to be setting up my first saltwater tank soon using a biocube 32. I have a lot of experience with freshwater but have decided to take the plunge!
I am looking for ideas for stocking - of course, I've looked into this but I really wanna hear people's individual cool ideas as I'm not really picky about what fish I use and I bet you guys have all kinds of cool ideas. My one thing is I am absolutely terrified of crabs so I will not be getting any of those. Shrimps are okay though!
Thanks so much for your help! :)

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are OK skipping a shrimp, take a look at a Flame Hawk. Incredible red color, and lots of personality as they hop from rock to rock, swimming occasionally to look for food. Maybe watch a video online. Best wishes!

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cleaner shrimp, tuxedo urchin, two clowns and a diamond sleeper goby. All are very happy. The diamond goby sifts the sand so, the sand bed is always clean :) he likes to rearrange the sand bed so if you want to keep corals on the bottom i wouldn't recommend him....

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am going to be setting up my first saltwater tank soon using a biocube 32. I have a lot of experience with freshwater but have decided to take the plunge!
I am looking for ideas for stocking - of course, I've looked into this but I really wanna hear people's individual cool ideas as I'm not really picky about what fish I use and I bet you guys have all kinds of cool ideas. My one thing is I am absolutely terrified of crabs so I will not be getting any of those. Shrimps are okay though!
Thanks so much for your help! :)
It's going to be a big griping heck at only 32 gal. You will get more satisfaction out of a 50 and struggle like hull to keep parameters stable. Saltwater is a unique thing. Salinity itself fluctuates throughout the day. There is a hydrometer you can place the inside the tank and watch.. evaporation and things like electrolytes such as calicum and magnesium etc, shift a little. All this talk of stability in parameters, the fact is, the body of water you keep is this living thing that fluctuates in and of itself, it never stays the same. This is why corals are so difficult but keeping fish and Inverts is so much easier. That one kibble you give your fish, effects all the basic elements of the marine water.. which is fascinating, but coral, they are dependant on sophisticated equipment that makes the water habitable.. you really wind up having to spend a lot to keep it alive.. personally, if I can get my clam to keep doing well, I am happy.. coral though, that is a challenge I am not done with, but am taking a pause with to study. 32 gal, enjoy the live rock and development for a few years, have fun with fish keeping for a couple, but coral.. don't get me started..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back