Gold colored growth on my aquascape

SpankMonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've set up my 10 gallon Nano reef tank, cycled it with that turbo start, and fed the empty tank for about a month now. pretty sure by my monitoring and testing I've gone thru the ammonia cycle. I've added one clown, one red banded shrimp, a narcissus snail and a few coral. small feeds every other day. all parameters seem fine, but I am getting a goldish growth on my rocks. i started with dead sand and rocks. i did add a bottle of coralline algae. is this the beginning stages? am i hitting other issues? ignore the blue and purple colors on rock, as they are epoxy.

20210921_111947[1].jpg

Last edited:

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've set up my 10 gallon Nano reef tank, cycled it with that turbo start, and fed the empty tank for about a month now. pretty sure by my monitoring and testing I've gone thru the ammonia cycle. I've added one clown, one red banded shrimp, a narcissus snail and a few coral. small feeds every other day. all parameters seem fine, but I am getting a goldish growth on my rocks. i started with dead sand and rocks. i did add a bottle of coralline algae. is this the beginning stages? am i hitting other issues? ignore the blue and purple colors on rock, as they are epoxy.

20210921_111947[1].jpg
Do they brush off easily? If so, they are probably diatoms.

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210921_111947[1].jpg
It looks more like diatoms to me but give it time. Lots of this stuff takes time to come in

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back