Gold display

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my apex display cord was ripped in half.
Has anyone had success rewireimg one of these?
It looks like four wires I did the best rig I could do to see if it would work it doesn’t any help would be great
FFFCDC04-855C-4E0E-BADF-B4669FE8AED5.jpeg

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just repaired mine. You will need to melt the coating off the wires before re connecting with soldierng iron. Wires are color coaxed. Make sure to seal the wires with heatshrink or electrical tape individually so they don't touch were the coating has been removed.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just repaired mine. You will need to melt the coating off the wires before re connecting with soldierng iron. Wires are color coaxed. Make sure to seal the wires with heatshrink or electrical tape individually so they don't touch were the coating has been removed.
So the red and I beleive blue have to be removed?

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you are doing but there are 4 wires. Cut the wire clean on both ends then strip back about a inch of the black rubber. Then use th iron to melt the colored coating off about quarter inch. Tin or soldier the tip of the wire. Slide some heat shrink over wire then soldier th two matching colors together. Verify connection with a meter by opening the display and finding the 4 connections in a row and using the use end. If you have continuity then heat shrink over the soldiered connection and repeat three more times.

I can video chat with you later if that helps.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to purchase the tools in order to do the fix, you might as well just buy a Amazon Fire 7" Tablet to replace it instead. They are $50 and if you have an American Express card, hook the points up to amazon and use the points on the purchase (any amount) and you'll get another $20 off!.. $30 Color Display.

If not, good luck with the fix :)

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you need to purchase the tools in order to do the fix, you might as well just buy a Amazon Fire 7" Tablet to replace it instead. They are $50 and if you have an American Express card, hook the points up to amazon and use the points on the purchase (any amount) and you'll get another $20 off!.. $30 Color Display.

Don’t think it works like that with a gold display there are certain things I can only do with the display and an amazon fire?
5041613A-8105-4F9D-984B-362BCD868F91.jpeg

Please Apple all the way

Not sure what you are doing but there are 4 wires. Cut the wire clean on both ends then strip back about a inch of the black rubber. Then use th iron to melt the colored coating off about quarter inch. Tin or soldier the tip of the wire. Slide some heat shrink over wire then soldier th two matching colors together. Verify connection with a meter by opening the display and finding the 4 connections in a row and using the use end. If you have continuity then heat shrink over the soldiered connection and repeat three more times.

I can video chat with you later if that helps.
ADE10877-F864-4F9E-B3B1-35BD81745021.jpeg
FE1EFA72-7156-4D71-98AA-6252E4F9AD1C.jpeg

I used a lighter to burn it off and it worked
Thanks for ur help mr joe cool

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also just re read what I wrote to u it sounded not nice and mean I apologize

Thank u for ur info and help but I do beleive u need the display for certain things like rebooting after a firmware update and getting a token to match up with fusion

The thing is I just got a new apex 2016 and am sending my gold out to someone and they will need that token and I want to give them everything to succeed without me having to buy a new display

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also just re read what I wrote to u it sounded not nice and mean I apologize

Thank u for ur info and help but I do beleive u need the display for certain things like rebooting after a firmware update and getting a token to match up with fusion

The thing is I just got a new apex 2016 and am sending my gold out to someone and they will need that token and I want to give them everything to succeed without me having to buy a new display
Makes sense! No worries. Hope it all works out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back