Golden butterfly

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the consensus of the golden butterfly in terms of hardiness and riskiness around sps? I see some places and members say very hardy, others say don’t grow, eat but still die etc .

thank you

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the consensus of the golden butterfly in terms of hardiness and riskiness around sps? I see some places and members say very hardy, others say don’t grow, eat but still die etc .

thank you
They r not reef safe and will go for nipping the corals and softies. Still some individuals does not bother anything. They r shy, beautiful and very timid fishes. Once u get them eating, they r 'moderately hardy'. Sometimes they do not accept food in biggining that's a problem otherwise it is a hardy fish.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also they need minimum 125 gallon tank and if u don't give them this much space, they will not survive more than a year or 2. They hv a good life span in 125 g tank and will utilize whole space

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like already stated, they are a very shy and timid fish - and should be one of the first fish added to an aquarium if you are going to keep them - not a fish to be added later after a lot of other fish.

They do better in pairs.

After they settle in and are eating they become a little less shy/timid.

They should not be kept with aggressive fish.

To get them to eat try using a food called Masstick.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back