Golden damsel and yellow tale damsel compatibility

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my friends. I’ve got a 110g tank w an established yellow tale damsel. Sister has a golden damsel which is terrorizing her more docile fish in a 60g. What are the chances it’ll get along w my yellow tale damsel? Anyone have both? I’ve got no other fish I’m worried about it fighting with.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tails are pretty docile fish in most cases the golden damsels are not they are way more aggressive fish. In a larger tank they other fish will have a great chance of getting away from a aggressive behavior .

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can think of at least three different fish that are referred to as a golden damsel.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tails are pretty docile fish in most cases the golden damsels are not they are way more aggressive fish. In a larger tank they other fish will have a great chance of getting away from a aggressive behavior .
I don’t know anything about goldens, but I do know about yellow tails. I respectfully disagree with reefwiser bc I find yellowtails to be huge bullies—-and my three always bite me when I have my arm in the tank. Anyway, you already have a yellowtail so you’re stuck with it. I imagine there will be quite a fight at first between the two but they’ll probably settle down over time. Introducing a previous bully to a new tank with a resident bully usually makes the former more docile toward others—-at least for a while. Good luck

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know anything about goldens, but I do know about yellow tails. I respectfully disagree with reefwiser bc I find yellowtails to be huge bullies—-and my three always bite me when I have my arm in the tank. Anyway, you already have a yellowtail so you’re stuck with it. I imagine there will be quite a fight at first between the two but they’ll probably settle down over time. Introducing a previous bully to a new tank with a resident bully usually makes the former more docile toward others—-at least for a while. Good luck
Very good advice. My Yellowtale isn’t a bully at all. He’s actually a perfect citizen lol. Have never had any issue w him. I guess they’re all individuals after all.

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The golden is extremely fast. I worry he’ll just terrorize my yellowtale. Anyway, my sister found someone else to take him so problem solved :)

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• E429C3AF-B851-4969-96F8-36A6990C0807.png
    E429C3AF-B851-4969-96F8-36A6990C0807.png
    667.5 KB · Views: 35

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is going to be much more aggressive than the yellowtail .... though not as bad as domino or three stripe. Yellow tails can be quite feisty, though aggression depends a lot on circumstance and space (thus the varying reports)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back