golden dwarf moray eel with clownfish?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
could a golden dwarf moray eel eat a clownfish? Also could they eat gobies and blennies?
I have a golden dwarf. I also have two chromis, no issue, although chromis move more than clowns. The thing is golden dwarfs don’t see very well and in my opinion aren’t all that quick (relative). I would be pretty surprised if they went after a clown. They also can’t eat a whole clown so that would deter them a little too.
I would just make sure you don’t get a super tiny clown and that the eel remains well fed. Anything that gets hungry enough will do some thing unusual.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you get medium to large clowns they should be fine, same with the blenny. Anything that can fit in the eels mouth is always potential meal.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a golden dwarf. I also have two chromis, no issue, although chromis move more than clowns. The thing is golden dwarfs don’t see very well and in my opinion aren’t all that quick (relative). I would be pretty surprised if they went after a clown. They also can’t eat a whole clown so that would deter them a little too.
I would just make sure you don’t get a super tiny clown and that the eel remains well fed. Anything that gets hungry enough will do some thing unusual.
occelaris ok?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back