Golden Dwarf Moray experience?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept a Golden Dwarf Moray in a reef tank? If so what were his tank mates (especially inverts). Any problems with shrimp or fish predation? Did you quarantine yours and if so what protocol did you use. Pictures welcomed!

These are intriguing fish and I'm seriously considering one for my tank.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. They’re a dream fish for me, I’m quite curious as well

fishyman19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for about 3 years in my 90 gallon mixed reef. Mine didn't bother any of my fish, but any shrimp he could get his jaws on he ate. I hand fed him squid with tongs a few times a week. Just for fun a couple times a month I would buy 10-15 glass shrimp I think they were and dumped them in. It was fun to watch mine patrol and hunt. Definitely one of my favorite critters in my tank.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had one for unfortunately only about a year I got from a buddy who added another eel it did not get along with, it did great except I never saw my peppermint shrimp again along with my lawnmower blenny and diamond goby, never went after my long nose hawk fish luckily. I lost it when I lost $30k worth of coral in my fire. I do plan on getting another one as it was one of the coolest fish I’ve ever had!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back