Goldflake Angel in a reef tank

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I talked with the owner of the store I purchased him from, they had a smaller Goldflake come in and agreed to swap the larger one for a smaller one.
The smaller Goldflake (2.5in) has been in my display tank for over 5 months without issue.
If you are interested in getting a goldflake, you will definitely want to get it while it as a juvenile.
Fish collected as adults are too set in their ways to be trained to eat only frozen/pelletized foods.

Not sure you’re right about this depending on you definition of ‘juvenile ‘. Have one about 4.5 inches and another slightly large when purchased and they are doing fine

steveb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates for those with Gold flakes that started out as juveniles?

I have a juvenile in QT, will be finishing my build up over the next month or so and haven't decided if I will introduce it or not. Would love to. But I want/like LPS in addition the SPS.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates for those with Gold flakes that started out as juveniles?

I have a juvenile in QT, will be finishing my build up over the next month or so and haven't decided if I will introduce it or not. Would love to. But I want/like LPS in addition the SPS.

I only have frogspawn, hammer and Duncan in the same tank with angels and they do fine. Not sure about the other types of LPS though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back