Here is mine
Its getting big.
20210217_185348.jpg

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of really nice gonis here! Does anyone know if this goni has a name? The LFS I got it from just had it listed as short polyp goni lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lots of really nice gonis here! Does anyone know if this goni has a name? The LFS I got it from just had it listed as short polyp goni lol

Looks like pink lips or rainbow short tentacle goni

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always have loved Goni's ready to try them anyone have a link or advise on keep this guys long term? has much changes over the years I have always stay away bit it seems like ppl are able to keep these now past the 6 month mark.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
always have loved Goni's ready to try them anyone have a link or advise on keep this guys long term? has much changes over the years I have always stay away bit it seems like ppl are able to keep these now past the 6 month mark.

If you start on gonis I suggest starting with a ORA red. They are aquacultured for a long time and one of the easier ones.
Seems to do ok without feeding too. Nice thing is they are one of the better looking ones too and with proper care can get blue eyes.

If not the ORA red try and find some that are aquacultured and not just colonies that are chopped up. Chooped up is what allot of what you see in the hobby. When you buy it looked at it retracted so you can see if the tissue is growing down the side or freshly chopped up. If it is regrowing you know it can survive.

The problem with care is they can all be different and iding the different types is hard. The reason we could not keep them is we imported goniopora stokesi and still is near impossible to keep.

I have about a dozen types right now and some are not to hard and grow like crazy and others are a struggle every day.

Like I said the care varies so much because there are pretty many different gonioporas in the family.

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you start on gonis I suggest starting with a ORA red. They are aquacultured for a long time and one of the easier ones.
Seems to do ok without feeding too. Nice thing is they are one of the better looking ones too and with proper care can get blue eyes.

If not the ORA red try and find some that are aquacultured and not just colonies that are chopped up. Chooped up is what allot of what you see in the hobby. When you buy it looked at it retracted so you can see if the tissue is growing down the side or freshly chopped up. If it is regrowing you know it can survive.

The problem with care is they can all be different and iding the different types is hard. The reason we could not keep them is we imported goniopora stokesi and still is near impossible to keep.

I have about a dozen types right now and some are not to hard and grow like crazy and others are a struggle every day.

Like I said the care varies so much because there are pretty many different gonioporas in the family.

thanks for the replay yes the red ORA goni is on the top of my list I was gonna start there and once I have success them try some others. do you know anywhere online that sales aqua cultured gonis?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for the replay yes the red ORA goni is on the top of my list I was gonna start there and once I have success them try some others. do you know anywhere online that sales aqua cultured gonis?

I think https://uniquecorals.com/ and divers den there are some.
Sometimes you have to ask they do not always state:
Marine farmers seems to have some. They are a great place.
There are a few others.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back