0   0   0
D4978A3C-6EB1-4BC0-9675-BDF506C41F5D.jpeg

Jots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some gorgeous specimens in this thread! I think mine is wild, but I wouldn't recommend looking specifically for a wild one, since the captive ones are easier. I did try a wild blue one once, but it never opened up for me, so I passed it on to a more experienced reefer. I know it opened in his tank, but not sure how it's done for him long-term. Seems like the blue and purple ones are especially tough for most people.
Agreed, I had blue wild caught ones and they slowly receded and withered away. Seems like the aquacultured frags do so much better but do take awhile to grow. I have several small frags of different shades and doing well. My wife loves movement in the tank so will need to get a larger colony for sure

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Sri Lankan waters. The complete round Rock flier pot:)
IMG_20191006_131142769.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love these! This is actually a type of coral I haven't tried yet

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have success with the blue ones. I bought one on the wwc sale as I've been successful in the past with a pink one, im starting to have my doubts now. Ugh impulse buys...

R24-32-151t.jpg

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought my first goniopora frag. It been closed up for 4 days. It’s opens a little at night but closes right up when the lights come on. Hope it gets settled and takes off it’s a fast favorite of mine

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought my first goniopora frag. It been closed up for 4 days. It’s opens a little at night but closes right up when the lights come on. Hope it gets settled and takes off it’s a fast favorite of mine

Thats strange :) . Mine closes up completely and retract at night. It slowly start to come out after lights come up and fully extended at peak lights. If you had a look 1 hour after the lights out ; you will only see a live rock.

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mystery solved. My clown fish is nipping at the polyps. Anyone ever had this happen. I’ve watched her for since lights on and she immediately started going after the polyps as soon as she noticed it was extended. Makes sense it could only extend after dark when the clown was asleep. There are some spots where it’s receding so I’ve dipped it in iodine based dip and relocated away from the clown. Hopefully it makes it. Ugh

Nikita1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have success with the blue ones. I bought one on the wwc sale as I've been successful in the past with a pink one, im starting to have my doubts now. Ugh impulse buys...

R24-32-151t.jpg
I find the blue and purple ones are more difficult than the red and yellow/green ones. Not sure what the issue is.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my first coral, pinkish with green tips. Still kicking and growing after a year or so, about the size of a soft ball.
Not the best lighting since i was acclimating a new fish.

older video but better color.

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have been a tough cookie for me to crack. The six in my girlfriends tank (2 blue, 3 pink-red, and one fancy yellow/orange/pink one) are doing amazing. The two in my tank are retracted most of the time. Parameters, water source and lighting are relatively similar

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back