Gonna get rid of this powder blue

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had enough with my powder blue. He is about 3.5 inches and a pain to my corals. I was gonna get rid of it when it gets big but didn't think I had to say good bye within a month. He is really health but keep moving at all corals.
I had to cover up green star polyp from him as it never came out with his moping and my ghonypora now getting a sever beating with many tentacles missing.

Today it was Soo bad.
IMG_20191019_160236187.jpg

Video while on The act

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a beautiful fish but agree with the decision to take him out. Feeding a bit more might help but if hes done so much damage I'm afraid the nipping will still stay significant even with major feeding.

OP
OP
Reesj

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if you feed algae strips? I would try it first before getting rid of him. Beautiful fish.

Yes I'm feeding Nori and an leafy food you can see attached in glass.
He don't really go after my ghony or green star if have food. But thats with me doing 3 feeding and a lot of algae.
Also in morning before I feed he would have gone at the corals as you can see from top picture.

I'm afraid to think what would be the situtation if I cant feed the tank few times or for a day or2 :confused: .

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An excellent reminder benthic feeders are always liable to eat corals.

OP
OP
Reesj

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today he was worse. I guess with every passign day he grew even more menacing.
The water was littered with tentacle particles from my ghonypora and most of it had completely shrunk inside.

Finally decided to remove the guy today but it was a nightmare. With all the rockwwork and him darting off fast seemed imposible. I filled the water to the brim of sump and to a plastic basin and managed to remove about 50% of the water. Still though I could not get him out.
So I had to remove most of the rockwork and in the process make a huge mess with corals geting throw here and there.
But finally managed to corner him luckyly and managed to catch the guy. Threw him in to one of the sump chanmbers; One where my return pump in.
Still most of the ghonypora would not come out. Hopefully things will go back to normal and haven;'t done much damge to the fish or corals/Anemon health.;Watching

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry it ended this way. I hope you find a good home for him. Your corals should recover nicely. I have a regal angel who sometimes chooses a snack in my DT. Luckily I have another tank I can move the snack to.

Back