Good clown breeder or lfs NW Ohio?

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be in the market for 2 young clowns sometime in the next 2-4 weeks and don't want to risk shipping in this weather.

I really want snowflake, black ice, or frostbite and would like to be able to pick them out in person.

Are there any local breeders/lfs in the toledo to Columbus area that have good stock?

LikeRichMahogany

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be in the market for 2 young clowns sometime in the next 2-4 weeks and don't want to risk shipping in this weather.

I really want snowflake, black ice, or frostbite and would like to be able to pick them out in person.

Are there any local breeders/lfs in the toledo to Columbus area that have good stock?
In Romulus, about 45 minutes away is tropicorium. They tend to have a relatively good selection of fish. You could also try Bruce's Pond Shop in Brownstown MI. 5 Minutes from tropicorium. They only do fish, but they have some QT procedures. There are not really any good LFS in toledo. Coral Reef in perrysburg is nice inside, but prices are high, and the owners don't seem to know much about disease/disease prevention. Aquarium World is also expensive, but isn't nice inside, and their tanks are dirty. The fish guys has an experienced owner, with a log of knowledge, but an incredibly limited selection and really dirty tanks.

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Romulus, about 45 minutes away is tropicorium. They tend to have a relatively good selection of fish. You could also try Bruce's Pond Shop in Brownstown MI. 5 Minutes from tropicorium. They only do fish, but they have some QT procedures. There are not really any good LFS in toledo. Coral Reef in perrysburg is nice inside, but prices are high, and the owners don't seem to know much about disease/disease prevention. Aquarium World is also expensive, but isn't nice inside, and their tanks are dirty. The fish guys has an experienced owner, with a log of knowledge, but an incredibly limited selection and really dirty tanks.
Romulus is about an hour and a half away from me, so that's definitely doable. I will be in touch with them. Thank you!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back