Good deal?

Stithe21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a 55 gallon tank that I am in the process of setting up (doing aquascape now and hope to flood it this weekend, and start to cycle it), but I saw this pop up on craigslist today. It has a lot of corals, and is a pretty cheap price. I'm wondering it this would be a good way to setup a quarantine tank for my bigger one. Once the big tank is cycled, I can move everything over and then use the small one to quarantine stuff. Good idea? bad idea? other thoughts or concerns?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks!

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in today's prices the hermits alone are worth $40.. lol.. seems like a good deal as long as you like those corals and dont mind doing the breakdown and cleanup. (a 28g wouldnt be too hard - and I am sure the guy would help a bit).

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a 55 gallon tank that I am in the process of setting up (doing aquascape now and hope to flood it this weekend, and start to cycle it), but I saw this pop up on craigslist today. It has a lot of corals, and is a pretty cheap price. I'm wondering it this would be a good way to setup a quarantine tank for my bigger one. Once the big tank is cycled, I can move everything over and then use the small one to quarantine stuff. Good idea? bad idea? other thoughts or concerns?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks!

You can transfer everything except the sand over to the 55 gallon and no cycle is needed.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't see the hammer corals, those alone are expensive. and the Clean up crew. Go for it, if you like it. The tank setup is probably worth a 200 deal. I would take that in a heart beat.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get about 3x 5g buckets with lids from home depot - lowes or anywhere really. Food grade perfered. Drain water into buckets, fish need their own container, use plastic cups or glass mason jars, gallon zip lock bags for smaller corals and delicate lps (hammer corals). Leather corals can be in their own bucket, bag. rocks in their own bucket. You don't want rocks tumbling around bashing everyone up.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, it says pending sale. Did you get it?

I think it is a good deal... the rock and corals + a QT tank with everything it needs.

OP
OP
S

Stithe21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get it. It tank was in ROUGH shape and was very overgrown with bubble algae and aiptasia. It did have a bonded pair of clowns, and 2 large leathers. No other corals that were alive and well (some just barely hanging on). The chiller works well, but was very dirty and dusty. There were about 5-6 hermit crabs and a few snails. He was moving in a few days time, and really needed it gone, so I offered him $100 for it and he accepted. I got it home, and cleaned it all up and now its in my teenagers room and he is watching the 52 week of reefing by BRS to see if he truly wants to take care of it (I did pick out a select few important ones to watch). lol. Otherwise, I'll be moving it into my utility room as a small quarantine tank. Thanks for all the replies, I figured the least I could do was give an update. :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back