Good frag tank manufacturers in the UK?

Ryan Parker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyyy!

I'm relatively new to the hobby, i currently run an Aqua One Mini Reef 180L that has been happily running for over 9 months now.

I'm now toying with the Idea of a frag tank, Not really something on a full on commercial scale but something I can maybe sit on top of my Chester drawers and have a dabble with after work.

The only issue I have come across is finding a tank shallow enough, Most of the tanks I have seen are made in the US and are awesome, however they are too big for what I want and VERY pricey when it comes to postage.

Does anyone know of any decent (smaller scale) frag tanks on the market in the UK? Or know of any decent manufacturers within the UK?

Thanks in advance :)

- Ryan

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I'm not sure about shippers to the UK. I can certainly see that being expensive though. Here's a free bump. There are a few members from the UK on here so maybe this will help one of them see your question.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could always skip the manufacturer and build one yourself. Would be a fun little project and once you get a hang of it, cutting/drilling glass/acrylic isn't super difficult the only downside is the cost of tools, specifically drill bits. But you could get exactly what you want dimensional wise.

OP
OP
Ryan Parker

Ryan Parker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could always skip the manufacturer and build one yourself. Would be a fun little project and once you get a hang of it, cutting/drilling glass/acrylic isn't super difficult the only downside is the cost of tools, specifically drill bits. But you could get exactly what you want dimensional wise.

I might go half and half, found a nice little low iron glass tank at my LFS on sale for £40 (500x300x300mm) might just get some thin acrylic and build an integrated sump for now, run that for a while and see how it goes. I suppose I can always drill it later on if I change my mind.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back