Good News About Our Oceans & Reefs

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to start a thread with positive news about the state of our oceans, reefs, and sea life. I think everyone could use a glimmer of hope sometimes, especially about the things we love. Of course there is a lot of tragedy, and we need to continue to fight for and protect our reefs and oceans, but I wanted to share some news of recovery, new findings, new species, etc. that people may have not seen yet. I will continue to update as I find more, but I encourage everyone to post if you stumble upon anything! (Disclaimer: not all of these are brand new, but I think are still worth including)

Here we go:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we say in Gothenburg - the links above have the same importance as " som att pinka utanför Vinga" (Vinga is the last lighthouse outside Gothenburg facing Kattegatt/Skagerrack (the sea outside Swedens westcoast) What pinka means - you have to figure out

Sincerely Lasse

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just coming across this post now. Many thanks.

You'll notice that if someone posts about the End of the World All Over Again, it gets 400 replies.

If you post good news, 2 replies.

No one ever got rich and famous for saying everything was okay.

They know that, which is why we only ever hear about Certain Doom. The news cycle is 24/7/365. That requires a bottomless pit of bad news, and they'll peddle whatever they can get their hands on.

Chris99999

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true! Bad news gets eyes, clicks, and dollars! Still getting over 438 year old coral. Such amazing creatures.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back