GOOD or BAD? This is what happens in reefing! Fill in the blanks!

How much does the advice & info from others help you in the hobby?

• A lot of help

Votes: 357 65.0%
  • Some help

Votes: 141 25.7%
  • A little help

Votes: 38 6.9%
  • No help

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.3%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GOOD or BAD? This is what happens in reefing! Fill in the blanks!

Today let's have a little fun, share a little experience and hopefully learn something new! So the question of the day is more a FILL IN THE BLANKS! I welcome you to post as many "fill in the blanks" as you would like! So here we go!

Post something GOOD or BAD!

In keeping a saltwater reef aquarium if you _____________________ , then _____________________ will happen. (feel free to rearrange the words)

Untitled-13.jpg

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be totally hosed if I didn't have the advice from the experts of this forum to keep my head above water. Accepting that I can't know everything right away and just listening to others who have been there has been invaluable! ❤

In keeping a saltwater reef aquarium if you don't make sure you have the right size tank for your livestock, then overcrowding, ammonia spikes, and aggression will happen.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In keeping a saltwater reef aquarium if you don't research before you buy , then you'll come to R2R for answers and learning will happen.

In keeping a saltwater reef aquarium if you put a tang in a 20 gallon tank , then the Tang Police will be called and arrests will happen... but then you'll explain that you plan to upgrade and you'll be placed on probation.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can honestly say that I can attribute 90% of my limited success in this hobby to the advice I've received (direct or second hand) from folks at R2R.

In keeping a saltwater reef aquarium if you do your research and ask questions before making a change or addition , then you will have fewer "HELP ME!!" questions later.

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm the only one to vote "other" so far so I should probably share my rationale.

"How much does the advice & info from others help you in the hobby?" That depends, is it good advice? IMO there is "advice" floating around out there that sounds good in theory but doesnt work in practice or upon closer inspection of the evidence. Conversely, there are some things out there that can sound crazy that are in fact effective or good husbandry.

In keeping a saltwater reef aquarium if you try to fight mother nature, then nothing good will happen.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back