Good places to buy fish in Montreal, Canada?

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I’m new to this hobby and I almost have my tank cycled and will be looking for a couple of fish soon. I was wondering if anyone in the Montreal area may be able to suggest some reputable places to buy healthy fish? Thanks so much for your help!

OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes I’ve checked both of these places and they seem to have really nice fish, especially Raging Reef. Are those the two of the most recommended places?

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from New Brunswick so I only get there a few times a year, but yeah I would say those two are always the best, there’s another spot called reef o max I think but I never got a chance to check it out, and there’s also Jardins de Mer who brings in some rare fish sometimes that you can check out.

OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot man for the info, I’ll check it out. I’m also originally from NB.

Yellow17165161

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you are interested in ordering online, but I had an excellent experience when I ordered from New Dawn Aquaculture. They shipped the fish out the next day to Toronto, and they arrived extremely well packaged and very healthy. Plus all of them are captive bred and pretty much disease free.

OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes this very much interests me, thank you very much. I’d love to know I’m getting disease free fish. I’m going to check out the website now.

OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also planete mer, the owner is very kind.
they sell corals, fish and freshwater stuff too

they are close to cote-vertu.
its where i buy my things
Thank you so much! I have literally never heard of this place. I will check it out today or early this week. And you have had no problem with any of the corals or fish you got from here? Are prices competitive?

jacquesPiette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I have literally never heard of this place. I will check it out today or early this week. And you have had no problem with any of the corals or fish you got from here? Are prices competitive?
i cant really say because im currentrly setting up my first reef tank so i never bought livestock, but the animals look healthy... as for the prices, they are diffrent than raging reef's. some are lower, some are higher. you can ask the price/polyp of all the corals displayed to the owner and make your jugements off of that.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you are interested in ordering online, but I had an excellent experience when I ordered from New Dawn Aquaculture. They shipped the fish out the next day to Toronto, and they arrived extremely well packaged and very healthy. Plus all of them are captive bred and pretty much disease free.
I believe they are in Alberta ?
very nice looking corals

frag box in Toronto has nice corals and some captive bred fish .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back