goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your tank and fish?
I lost one more anthias and the foxface still has ich. I’ve ordered a Hannah checker for copper, copper power, ammonia badge, general cure, focus and prozi pro. So I will have the remaining fish in qt next week. At least that way I can save the ones I have left and start the fallow period.
Other than the fish everything is progressing as you would expect. It’s been up for almost 4 full months now. I think I’ll probably wait on coral until the fallow period is over and I get some fish back in the tank. As anxious as I was to to get coral in the beginning I’ve come to appreciate all the little steps along the way. So a 4 month will most likely turn into 7 months before I have fish and coral.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer man! Any signs of distress or ich on the fish that died?
The fish that have died showed no signs of distress at all. Well, the CBB was reclusive the night before but no signs until then. I really thought I could be that guy that gets away without qt.

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about your fish...The reef squad is really helpful with sick fish... they reply quickly and have never steered me wrong..have you ever sent in a sample to ati to check your water? It gives you a lot of information on your tank and I think you can send in a rodi sample too...
Foxfaces seem to be hardy fish, while copperbands seem to be some of the most delicate...you'll find the right balance and just go sloooooow...
Good luck

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about your fish...The reef squad is really helpful with sick fish... they reply quickly and have never steered me wrong..have you ever sent in a sample to ati to check your water? It gives you a lot of information on your tank and I think you can send in a rodi sample too...
Foxfaces seem to be hardy fish, while copperbands seem to be some of the most delicate...you'll find the right balance and just go sloooooow...
Good luck
Unfortunately I wasn’t setup to really treat the fish even if I had gotten good advise. My luck just ran out with healthy fish I guess. I’m looking forward to a good qt procedure. It adds another learning curve which is what keeps the hobby interesting. I just wish I had a proper place to set it up.
I hadn’t really thought about sending a sample out but that may be worthwhile.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@goodtimes any updates on how the tank is doing?
Life has got in the way and I haven’t setup the qt tank yet. The remaining fish are looking good though. The longer I wait the more indecisive I get about qt. At this time I don’t have a setup to qt corals for 72 days. I read a post the other day that someone thinks they introduced velvet or ich into their display on a frag. If that’s the case I feel like I’ll inevitably reintroduce it.

5BD4EA37-3EC0-4932-91BB-F27A8B9EAA93.jpeg

047DDFEE-6ED1-484D-A1B3-E82DBBE4BFDD.png

DDE03CEB-7183-444C-9859-141E5676FB5E.png

34D0531E-E83B-4AA4-BCBE-3D5F8EEB241A.png

Last edited:

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check about ick & velvet coming in on coral frags. It is my understanding ick and velvet come only on fish.

To be on coral frags, the frags would have to come from a tank that had ick &velvet on fish. Most coral distributors due not have that situation. They wish to sell clean corals.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check about ick & velvet coming in on coral frags. It is my understanding ick and velvet come only on fish.

To be on coral frags, the frags would have to come from a tank that had ick &velvet on fish. Most coral distributors due not have that situation. They wish to sell clean corals.
I’ll certainly due more research on this. In theory I would think that during the tomont stage this would be possible. Unfortunately one of my favorite places to buy drags is at frag swaps and other local hobbyists who almost always have fish.

DesertReefBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad things seem to be settling down a bit. I would be willing to bet since you are getting frags from WWC you don’t need to worry about much other then getting some pretty sick looking corals.

btmedic04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Belated congrats for winning! I'm not sure how far you are from Macedonia OH, but theres a LFS called Triton Marine Aquaculture. They QT, medicate/copper and date the arrivals of their fish. Might be worth checking out.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Belated congrats for winning! I'm not sure how far you are from Macedonia OH, but theres a LFS called Triton Marine Aquaculture. They QT, medicate/copper and date the arrivals of their fish. Might be worth checking out.
Thanks!
I have been to Triton Marine a few times when I was in the area for work. I will talk to them about qt as they are close enough to make it worth the trip.

Rhodes87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First corals are in the tank! I bought these from the WWC sale last weekend. They arrived in perfect condition as expected. The photos were taken with my iPhone XR using the polyp lab orange filter.
Very nice! I have the same coral as your first picture. Any idea what the name of it is? I won it along with 24 other coral frags as a door price at a frag show but I’m not sure what it is or the name of it. Been following this and Iv enjoyed watching your progress. Keep up the good work.

Ikserk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I have the same coral as your first picture. Any idea what the name of it is? I won it along with 24 other coral frags as a door price at a frag show but I’m not sure what it is or the name of it. Been following this and Iv enjoyed watching your progress. Keep up the good work.
Scientific name: leptoseris sp.
Hobby name: Jack-o'-lantern (popularized by Jason Fox, aquacultured by everyone now)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back