Goodtimes with a Reefer 750XXL - $20k Dreamtank

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!! :) Happy to see the equipment going to a good home. This build is going to be amazing!:eek:

Maybe BRS should do another giveaway like this one.... :D

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on winning the dream tank! Looking forward to updates. Make sure to eat your Wheaties before lifting the tank.

Thanks! Luckily I work with some big guys and they are curious what all the fuss is about it. I told them I’d show them if they give me a hand moving something.

I am really happy for you man. Congrats on an amazing win. And really wish you the best on this build. Will be following.

So freakin epically awesome of BRS and WWC to make it happen.
Thanks! It is amazing they put this contest on!

Congrats!! :) Happy to see the equipment going to a good home. This build is going to be amazing!:eek:

Maybe BRS should do another giveaway like this one.... :D
Thanks! I’ll try to live up to everyone’s expectations.

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited for you! You have the perfect username for this. :) Definitely looking forward to seeing the tank come together. I think @Ryanbrs and @randyBRS should do a video at your house when you get it all set up! :D

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaayyyy!!! So glad you created a build thread!! Following along! This is an amazing prize, congrats!!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the win. So glad it went to a good home. Looking forward watching your build.
I would take pictures to document the crate before and once opened. It took 3 Red Sea to get to me in one piece. Things happen in shipping. Some shippers won’t let you open before signing.
I’m sure BRS would have your back but the pictures may help them for claim if for some reason things go wrong.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the win. So glad it went to a good home. Looking forward watching your build.
I would take pictures to document the crate before and once opened. It took 3 Red Sea to get to me in one piece. Things happen in shipping. Some shippers won’t let you open before signing.
I’m sure BRS would have your back but the pictures may help them for claim if for some reason things go wrong.
Thank! I’ll be sure to take pics just in case.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in the house is this Beast going? and how is the wife holding up :eek: knowing this is going in her beautiful home.

Ryman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little jealous, but I’m still looking forward to to seeing the progress.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any stocking plans? You should do some tangs, large angels, and large wrasses to name a few.
That’s a good question. I’ve had small tanks for so long I hadn’t put much thought into what I would stock a big tank with until recently. I know I’ll want some tangs (yellow, blonde Naso, achilles). I’ve always wanted a copperband butterfly and I like the movement of the anthias and wrasses.
My current fish are:
Clown pair
Lubbock wrasse
Royal gramma
I guess I have room for a few more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
41B12783-D21B-400E-A54F-9F7C61C0A2EC.jpeg
Where in the house is this Beast going? and how is the wife holding up :eek: knowing this is going in her beautiful home.
It was an easy decision to decide where to put the tank. I marked it in the picture the best I knew how from my phone. Given our open floor plan and lack of wall space there was only one wall that it would fit on. My wife’s hobby is decorating and I’m not sure I would have been granted permission for a tank this size if the circumstances were different, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and I’ll be sure to provide a good home! I’m hoping for the best on delivery, I’m not sure I could wait for another to be delivered.

dson78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be amazing, congrats on winning all of this amazing equipment.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we wait for the tank to arrive I’ll share a picture of my first reef tank. It was a 125 gallon that came with hob overflow. I drilled it and installed a street 90 for the overflow. It had a 15 gallon sump with a diy protein skimmer. For water movement I had two huge pumps mounted with suction cups on the glass, they looked like what you would use in your garden pond. The diy lighting consisted of 4 t-12 bulbs mounted in the canopy. The sockets caught fire not once but twice on these lights. The heart of the system was the 100+ pounds of Garf grunge. There was lots of life in the rock and sand bed.

7913ABB0-1482-42F9-AFE1-F528DB6A8A0B.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ that is great I love to see through back tanks shoots. look like it was a good tank .
excited for you to see thank tank. its hard to describe just how sexy it is but when you see her in person you be like dang...

I hope your wife is getting something amazing for xmass so she don't feel left out.

Cruz Mc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along to see this take shape. Good luck with the build! Here’s hoping the tank arrives in perfect shape.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back