OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I went in to feed my fish and found one of the clowns dead. No signs of disease, just dead. Ive had him for 6 years and my brother had him for a couple years before that. The pair I had bred regularly for years. He’ll be missed. The pic is an old one.
8F802CBD-D5E3-42F8-97A1-5AE1A274B1BE.png

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I went in to feed my fish and found one of the clowns dead. No signs of disease, just dead. Ive had him for 6 years and my brother had him for a couple years before that. The pair I had bred regularly for years. He’ll be missed. The pic is an old one.
8F802CBD-D5E3-42F8-97A1-5AE1A274B1BE.png
Wow that’s a bummer. Sorry to hear it.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to feed the fish tonight and now the wrasse is dead.
I’m stumped...the tank I have them in is a 10 gallon aquarium with a hob filter running carbon and bio media. I kept one large rock from my old system to put in the tank. Temp is 78.
I ran to the store thinking maybe it was ammonia but that wasn’t it.
They’ve been in this tank since the middle of November and appeared healthy until they died.

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to feed the fish tonight and now the wrasse is dead.
I’m stumped...the tank I have them in is a 10 gallon aquarium with a hob filter running carbon and bio media. I kept one large rock from my old system to put in the tank. Temp is 78.
I ran to the store thinking maybe it was ammonia but that wasn’t it.
They’ve been in this tank since the middle of November and appeared healthy until they died.

Is this the same tank the clownfish was in?

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were any of them new additions or showing any signs of illness or distress? I would do a 25% water change and keep a close eye on the rest of them.
Ive had them between 2 and 6 years. No signs of distress. Last night when I fed them they looked great. I guess a water change is all I can do.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to set up a camera to see if there happens to be an aggressor in the tank?
These fish have been together for years. I guess the new tank may have prompted some aggression. Although now the royal gramma just stays in the rock and only comes out to eat. The clown has the tank to himself.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched YouTube when the winner was announced -- because yes...I wanted it to be me. :D I've been reading through these posts and it seems the community is so excited for you. Thanks for creating it. I'll be keeping tabs.

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To do list:
Get apex setup. I’ve got everything ready in the electrical cabinet I just need to take the time to figure out the programming. Also need to decide if I’ll get wxm or use the reeflink for the lights and mp40s.

Setup ATO with tunze water valve. I’m nervous about having a line hooked directly to the sump but excited to never fill the ATO again. I’ve got several fail safes so I think I’ll be ok.

I’m thinking about getting the filter cups to replace the filter socks. I’m hoping by filling them 2/3 with media and then topping them off with filter floss it will quiet down the water noise. I’d really like a roller mat but I’ve got some other things I’d like to purchase first.

The giveaway included the calcium reactor and tank but I need to get a carbon doser and pump. I’m thinking about getting the calcium reactor going now so I can work out the quirks before corals go in.

I’ve got the carbon reactor in the sump as I know I’ll use it. I’m hoping a healthy refugium will eliminate the need for gfo but I’ll have it if I need it. I need to find a light for the refugium but figured I have awhile before I’ll need it.

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be the final aquascape. It has more depth than it appears in this pic.
3AC8ED35-2C77-4F4B-9FA8-62EE51E5B67C.jpeg

The new sump arrived in great condition! I was hoping to use the 2nd slot in the sump for a refugium but with the skimmer being so large I’ll have to use the smaller section.

Tonight I plan on installing the floor jacks in the crawl space and starting on the control side of the stand. Should be able to start filling on Friday!!!

132B6B64-AA8A-4530-9371-D69F74308822.jpeg

What is that on your drain in the first pic?

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to do anything with the rock? Wash it, bleach it? Or just into tank with saltwater.

Thinking of getting some of this for my 150 gallon. How many pounds is that?

Nick

OP
OP
goodtimes

goodtimes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to do anything with the rock? Wash it, bleach it? Or just into tank with saltwater.

Thinking of getting some of this for my 150 gallon. How many pounds is that?

Nick

I’ve used Marco rock several times and always just put it in the tank. I would guess that is 130 lbs. I really like the shelf rock in the BRS/WWC hybrid tank, but it comes at a premium.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back