Got a damsel

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow tail who is a model citizen. He freaked out when I added a replacement clown and jumped out of my tank in front of me. He was scared for days. Make sure you have a net top before you add the clowns.

OP
OP
JayA

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow tail who is a model citizen. He freaked out when I added a replacement clown and jumped out of my tank in front of me. He was scared for days. Make sure you have a net top before you add the clowns.
good to know. thanks

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ORA lemon damsel in my IM40 with a pair of skunk clowns, striped blenny, pygmy filefish, and yellow-line cleaner goby. It's a greedy thing at mealtimes...but is otherwise a lovely fish.

OP
OP
JayA

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ORA lemon damsel in my IM40 with a pair of skunk clowns, striped blenny, pygmy filefish, and yellow-line cleaner goby. It's a greedy thing at mealtimes...but is otherwise a lovely fish.
Good to hear, thanks. Seems most people don't like them, but some (or maybe few) people have found them totally fine.

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels are nightmares. I had 4 yellowtail, 2 days later 3. Months down the line I lost the 3rd, then a day later the 2nd. I'm not sure which was worse, the damsel that survived or my maroon clown. Won't be trying either of those again, my hands can't take the punishment anymore.

Yoyomojo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a new hobbyist I'd get rid of the damsel it will only cause you issues down the road.

Since you are new, I'd get rid of the damsel asap, they are bullies. Bullied fish get stressed, get sick, sickness spreads, and it makes for a really rough time. Start with some docile fish get some experience in managing aggression then start adding the more potentially aggressive territorial fish later.
I got a damsel yesterday and he was bullying my yellow watchmen last night. Woke up this morning and now they are buddies. I also have 2 clown's. All my fish are as happy as if they was in the ocean

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back