Got a PICO reef? Show it off here!

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also, has anyone ever seen a neon green kenya tree? Every person I've ever asked vehemently swore that it's either some other leather coral, or I was just clueless. It's neither, cause I have some in my tank...just curious.

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting mine up, so nothing but rocks to see at this point, but I'm excited and full of ideas for it! It's 3 gallons and 18" long, just the right size for my bedside table. I'd love to see a pico forum on R2R!

DSC_8007.jpg

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also, has anyone ever seen a neon green kenya tree? Every person I've ever asked vehemently swore that it's either some other leather coral, or I was just clueless. It's neither, cause I have some in my tank...just curious.

Could be a finger leather coral. Looks very similar to a kenya, tree like, kenyas polyps are different. I've seen them here and there.
And to your other post, I am definitely in love them blue and red star shrooms. Someone posted a pic of one on another thread and I nearly wet myself haha

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not finger, though people always say that. Just take a look at normal tree, and picture it with a green hue; that actually is the biggest difference, as this is a more subtle green, more like a strong tint, whereas the finger is bright neon green, solid. I bought this when it was sitting next to a finger frag, and the polyps and branches on the tree just aren't similar. I'll post a picture:
...or maybe I won't; still closed up. I'll wait an hour or so.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting mine up, so nothing but rocks to see at this point, but I'm excited and full of ideas for it! It's 3 gallons and 18" long, just the right size for my bedside table. I'd love to see a pico forum on R2R!

DSC_8007.jpg
Nice! What's your filtration scheme? And I must say, sir, I love your scape.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not finger, though people always say that. Just take a look at normal tree, and picture it with a green hue; that actually is the biggest difference, as this is a more subtle green, more like a strong tint, whereas the finger is bright neon green, solid. I bought this when it was sitting next to a finger frag, and the polyps and branches on the tree just aren't similar. I'll post a picture:
...or maybe I won't; still closed up. I'll wait an hour or so.
I'm stupid-- if you want an idea look at my user porfile image!!

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen neon green sinulara and I have a neon green toadstool. Other than that, not sure

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! What's your filtration scheme? And I must say, sir, I love your scape.

Sir is a Ms. ;) No chemical filtration, just a powerhead for water movement and 50-100% water changes on the regular. The live rock will be the backbone of the system. I'm planning LPS of the encrusting variety - platygyra, favia, etc. - and a couple of maxi-minis if I can get them off my rocks in another tank.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sir is a Ms. ;) No chemical filtration, just a powerhead for water movement and 50-100% water changes on the regular. The live rock will be the backbone of the system. I'm planning LPS of the encrusting variety - platygyra, favia, etc. - and a couple of maxi-minis if I can get them off my rocks in another tank.
Whooo another lady reefer :)

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mkutsch your coral might be nepthea. Try to get a clear picture with good color balance (not so blue) and start a new thread asking about it. I'm not familiar with many soft corals, but I'm sure R2R has plenty of softy enthusiasts who can help.

Last edited:

bk.smash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting my first pico. Marineland 3gallon. Actually tore apart the filtration section and fixed it up to my likings turning it from one chamber to 2 chambers with a baffle and fuge [emoji4] next is that cheap light

17e11477f65de61a374fce7402978fba.jpg

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've seen them but my lfs did call them something besides a green Kenya

zgerike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5 gallon tank about a month old...ricordea is doing good but my zoas have not opened since I put them in about 10 days ago

20170328_170350.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is a need for the sub forum! I have had a very difficult time finding info and equipment for our tank. I have only found 1 book on nano reef tanks. I'm so new I thought a pico was a type of fish. I had never heard anything but nano used in our area.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back