Got Any Tips on using flux rx (fluconazole) for GHA?

Saltysocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been on a 3 month battle with green hair algae after bottoming out my p04 with a big ole bag of GFO. I got sick and was watching the number drop to 0 but was too ill (and lazy let's be honest) to do a water change or get involved with the tank. So now im paying the price, for the past 3 months I've been doing water changes and pulling out as much as I can till my fingers shrivel! Lol. I've had my numbers pretty consistent since it broke out. Today's #'s

P04: .006
DKH: 8.2
N03: 10-20
Cal: 420

I've been trying to play the numbers game but to not much of an avail. So im really considering using flux rx. So much so that I have it in my hand right now lol. So if anyone has any other tips for the GHA or on using the flux rx (should I place the powder in my filter sock, or place into highflow by the powerhead to disburse it?) Ect. If you guys wanna see the wreck its become Maybe ill post a photo!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mix it up in some water before hand and then pour it in wherever (usually do these things in the sump). It takes about 2 weeks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back