Got Coral Beauty angel from Biota---WOW---Thanks Biota

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Bioto Coral Beauty dwarf angelfish 2 days ago and all I can say is WOW. I haven't had a dwarf angelfish in as near as I can figure about 45 years(last one was a half black). The new one is perfectly healthy, has moved right in, is eating great and cute as H E double toothpicks. I love the straight from Biota to me with no middleman(think chance to get disease). Biota was great in everyway. Thank you Jake.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Bioto Coral Beauty dwarf angelfish 2 days ago and all I can say is WOW. I haven't had a dwarf angelfish in as near as I can figure about 45 years(last one was a half black). The new one is perfectly healthy, has moved right in, is eating great and cute as H E double toothpicks. I love the straight from Biota to me with no middleman(think chance to get disease). Biota was great in everyway. Thank you Jake.
You got a pic of the little guy?

OP
OP
tnw50cal

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here she is, she's about 1.25 inches long.
DSC03044.JPG

Last edited:

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your order and kind words Twn50cal. I'm glad I could help you out with this fish. These guys have quickly become an industry favorite because of their color over wild counterparts.

U

User1

View Badges
Looks great!

I have been frequenting their site hoping to catch a batch of the Milletseed Butterflyfish and order a trio. However, they do have the gobies there and have been considering the starry. Glad the Coral Beauty is doing great. Ours is amazing although I have no idea of its source other than LFS...

Thanks for sharing the experience. I'm also glad to see the public portal.

SeahawkMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Do you have corals in your tank? How does this tank raised coral beauty do with your corals? I’m planning to order one and am hoping that as long as I keep it well fed, and have nori available all the time, my corals will be safe. Any experience with coral nipping?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnw50cal

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have corals in the tank. Mostly Acropora with a few Montipora and Zoanthids. She never nips any of the corals. She mostly hid at first until I got another fish(Orchid Dottyback) now she's out all the time swimming with the Dottyback. One of the best fish I've bought,would buy again straight from Biota.

SeahawkMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have corals in the tank. Mostly Acropora with a few Montipora and Zoanthids. She never nips any of the corals. She mostly hid at first until I got another fish(Orchid Dottyback) now she's out all the time swimming with the Dottyback. One of the best fish I've bought,would buy again straight from Biota.
Thank you! I placed my order and am keeping my fingers crossed. I Have a pair of clowns and a small blue tang, and a Biota mandarin. My Tang thinks it’s a clownfish and stays with the clowns all day. Poor female clown! The tang acts like a jealous boyfriend. I’m hoping the coral beauty will give the blue tang a friend to play with.

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I placed my order and am keeping my fingers crossed. I Have a pair of clowns and a small blue tang, and a Biota mandarin. My Tang thinks it’s a clownfish and stays with the clowns all day. Poor female clown! The tang acts like a jealous boyfriend. I’m hoping the coral beauty will give the blue tang a friend to play with.
Hobbyists are reporting that captive bred fish are much less likely to nip at coral. I think part of it may be that our fish never encounter a coral until they enter your home systems. We have customers keeping captive bred angelfish with soft corals, Trachyphyllia, and clams. It's amazing. That being said, every fish is an individual, and it's impossible to predict if they'll develop a taste for coral as they age. It is less likely that captive bred fish will eat coral, however, especially if they are well fed.

I hope your tang and coral beauty become best friends!

OP
OP
tnw50cal

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Coral Beauty loves to steal the food I feed my acan and then spit it out. She also likes to play freedom of navigation of the seas with a male yellow tail damsel fish that always has a cave full of eggs he's guarding. She sleeps in the same cave with a Orchid Dottyback who's her best bud. Most of the time though she looking over the rocks for food. She is worth every penny I paid for her.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back