• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Got duped here - Looking for MP40 Wetside

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as the title says. I bought 2 MP40's here from another member here & 1 wetside is rotted through. Hoping someone has one here before I shop from a store.

Twins Dragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m the one that sold you those 2 mp40W.here is the link https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/mp40-w-for-sale.727659/#post-7570868
1) I pulled them both out when they were still working. 1 wet side was only 2 weeks old (receipt posted). The other was August 19.
2) I don’t sell if they weren’t working. $80 don’t get me any richer.
3) I pm’ed you after you received to assure that everything is working as they should and you said you would check them. I didn’t hear back from you so I assumed everything ok. I always check with buyers when I sell something to make sure things are ok as they should. Sometimes work on my end, but during the transition could have been damaged by delivery company.
4) 4 months later you came back and accused me of selling you a broken mp40 wetside?
I don’t mind to work things out with you even it’s not my responsibility, but don’t just come out and blame on me. Like I said, $80 isn’t make me any richer and I’m not out here to scam you $80. I believe in “Karma’s”.

OP
OP
LatinoHeat

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inspected as best I could. I didn't know to look for that when I got it. I had a ridiculously hard time pulling it out. You're hearing from me now because I actually started using it. I had no way of actually running it because I didn't have a tank to try it out on. I just started my 40 breeder a couple weeks ago.

Screenshot_20201011-231045_Samsung Internet.jpg 1756061-2fa5cb7819aa18b807987b8c2489d403.jpg Screenshot_20201011-231045_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
LatinoHeat

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't trying to call you because I know it's 4 months later. I couldn't get it work & searched what a red & light meant. I followed the instructions on the YouTube video & I had to pry it open. Once I finally freed it I saw the damage.

Twins Dragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what you said after 4 months “ Yesterday at 9:09 PM
I know I bought these from you in June but I finally have my tank cycled & installed mp40's. One of the wet sides was corroded. A heads up would've been nice. I honestly have never had these before but you really pulled a fast one on me.

un5tab1e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know neither of you, neutral party here. I have a MP 40 that swelled the same as that one. It was fine when I removed it from the tank. Not until it was removed for a week and had time to dry did it swell and crack thru.

OP
OP
LatinoHeat

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but I didn't know how to check that since I've never owned any ecotech products before. I've only used korelias beforehand.

Twins Dragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know neither of you, neutral party here. I have a MP 40 that swelled the same as that one. It was fine when I removed it from the tank. Not until it was removed for a week and had time to dry did it swell and crack thru.
vortech has problem with these magnets and plastic busting out. At least he would be nicer after 4 months. “A heads up would have been nice”, “pulled a fast one one me”

Twins Dragonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but I didn't know how to check that since I've never owned any ecotech products before. I've only used korelias beforehand.
And don’t blame on me then. Do some research before you get into something. If you see one open the other is not, why didn’t you say something? Why didn’t you tell me it was rusted 4 months ago?

OP
OP
LatinoHeat

LatinoHeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I thought I was dealing with an honest person. I wasn't even looking for $80. I would've been happy with $50 to replace it. I honestly don't want anything because I believe in karma.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back