Got LifeReef ??? Show us your LifeReef Sumps, Skimmers, and Anything else you may have by LifeReef.

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a new LifeReef Sump System today ! I am on a waiting list, so until Jeff builds mine out, I thought it would be interesting to see some of your LifeReef Systems. Please post lots of pics ! Let's start a LifeReef gallery thread.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love LifeReef! Jeff is awesome.

Right now I'm only running his skimmer because I needed a Triton specific sump and it was just easier to work with my local guy, Building An Obsession here in Houston.

i-xd7BK52.jpg

But on my previous build where I had a separate fish room, I went all out with Jeff, getting the skimmer, sump and refugium.
Was a great setup.

i-8v8JHrg.jpg

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish his skimmers looked "cooler" with colored pvc and such tried to ask him so it would match my tank filtration, but nope, no flexibility there

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish his skimmers looked "cooler" with colored pvc and such tried to ask him so it would match my tank filtration, but nope, no flexibility there

I don't know when you spoke with him last, but his Signature Series comes in some pretty cool colors. Saw these on his website...
Signature Series Custom lg (1).jpg
DSCN2237.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love LifeReef! Jeff is awesome.

Right now I'm only running his skimmer because I needed a Triton specific sump and it was just easier to work with my local guy, Building An Obsession here in Houston.

i-xd7BK52.jpg

But on my previous build where I had a separate fish room, I went all out with Jeff, getting the skimmer, sump and refugium.
Was a great setup.

i-8v8JHrg.jpg

Nice ! Which model did you have on your previous build ?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 year old LifeReef skimmer. I have tried a couple of other skimmers, but the fact that virtually any pump will work with the LifeReef skimmers is a big deal. The two other skimmers I owned both had pumps go down and one used a pump that is no longer available. The skimmer is useless now, unless I do some modifications to use a different pump. The LifeReef is back in my sump and skimming away now - again. They are simple to use, do a great job and are built like a tank.

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... I've heard that LifeReef Sumps and Skimmers last "forever" ! There are lots and lots of online testimonials and reviews from people who say they've had them for 15-20 years without failure.
They are a little more expensive than I was planning to pay, but if they will last a long time and serve me well, I think it's well worth it.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... I've heard that LifeReef Sumps and Skimmers last "forever" ! There are lots and lots of online testimonials and reviews from people who say they've had them for 15-20 years without failure.
They are a little more expensive than I was planning to pay, but if they will last a long time and serve me well, I think it's well worth it.
They aren't snazzy looking and I am not that fond of the loose O-ring seal between the collection cup and the body. But that's about it. It is a workhorse and the design has remained basically the same for about 30 years, indicating that making bubbles in water ain't rocket science. :)

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
His stuff just flat out works and works well. I think his prices are in line with most of the other guys and he builds all his stuff, so he knows the product very well.

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
His stuff just flat out works and works well. I think his prices are in line with most of the other guys and he builds all his stuff, so he knows the product very well.

Nice ! Which model do you have, and how long have you had it ? Tank size ?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey finatik you're on his schedule too?? when's he doing your build?? I can't wait for mine to be complete. I think it will definitely be a step above his usual work, even the signature series.

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey finatik you're on his schedule too?? when's he doing your build?? I can't wait for mine to be complete. I think it will definitely be a step above his usual work, even the signature series.

Yep... My build is scheduled for May.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!!! hopefully I'll have pics of mine up in a month for you to drool over lol Kidding... What system did you order??

OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!!! hopefully I'll have pics of mine up in a month for you to drool over lol Kidding... What system did you order??

I'm actually getting two CLF-2s with Flange Skimmers, Reactors, Heater Holders, Probe Holders, Dosing Ports and 24 inch Refugiums.
Getting one for my 75 gallon, and one for my 90. The plan is to upgrade the 75 to a 180 next year and transfer the sump from the 75 to the 180.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Finatik

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go with a 120 instead of a 90.
So in the end, I'll have one CLF-2 for the 120 gallon, and another CLF-2 for the 180 gallon.
Both LifeReef Signature Series in neon green. I'll post picks of both builds after I get the sump systems delivered from LifeReef.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back