Got LifeReef ??? Show us your LifeReef Sumps, Skimmers, and Anything else you may have by LifeReef.

diemaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys on the 60" and bigger skimmer what is the purpose of the 1" clear line that runs from the base to the centre chamber feeding a 90 fitting facing down? seems like some kinda of bypass? my blue line pump doesn't really push any water through it!!

I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the skimmer.I installed everything fired her up and boom pretty much started skimming right away. made one adjustment and so far seems good.

I'm used to fooling around every hour or so with skimmers

the only complaint I have is the lack of instructions I spent a fair amount of time looking on this thread and Jeffs website looking at pics to figure it all out

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No water yet

CFL2, SVS3-24, 16" LifeRefugium and two media reactors.

84a2f9b5-18a8-4944-9092-13116aaf17e0-jpeg.1767364

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my LifeReef CLF2 sump yesterday, Christmas came early. It'll be a few weeks before I get it set up. I've had my LR Skimmer for about 6 years now, very happy with it. Send some pic's along when you get your's all set up!
Take Care...........;Happy

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly my lifereef hasn’t collected a drop of skimmate in well over a month. Bubbling as normal. Foaming as normal. Just stopped producing. Literally nothing has changed at all.

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's way above my pay-grade to analyze! I occasionally tweak the gate valve on my LR Skimmer but thats about it, and I might not touch the valve for months. Nitrates/Phosphates elevating or decreasing???

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's way above my pay-grade to analyze! I occasionally tweak the gate valve on my LR Skimmer but thats about it, and I might not touch the valve for months. Nitrates/Phosphates elevating or decreasing???

I don’t test nitrate. Phos has trended up a little bit still under 0.1.

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than something environmental thats getting into the tank via room air perhaps. My LR Skimmer stops skimming when I do tank maintenance and get my hands wet. I second the closing the valve, even 1/8 turn makes a difference. My LR Skimmer rarely needs such adjustments.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 24” Lifereef I’m a fan of the Sicce ADV 7.0. If you wanna go old school, then get a Mag 12. Are you adding a Mazzei to your skimmer or ordering it from Jeff with one? My understanding from speaking to Jeff is that the benefits of using a Mazzei injector are negligible until you get into the 36” and over skimmer sizes.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the mazzei from Jeff at the same time as the skimmer, just never installed it yet. So would be adding it to my existing 24" lifereef. Might give it a shot and upgrade the pump at the same time, but will keep my expectations lowered in case it doesn't make a difference as you said.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take a picture of my LifeReef set up later today, the Skimmer and Media Reactor are Awesome. I have a Danner Supreme 9 for the Skimmer, and a Single Danner Supreme 12 runs the Return, Media Reactor Two Other Media Chambers and a UV. The Danner Pumps are the best I’ve ever had.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly my lifereef hasn’t collected a drop of skimmate in well over a month. Bubbling as normal. Foaming as normal. Just stopped producing. Literally nothing has changed at all.
Do you use Silicone Lube in your Aquarium? That is a No, No for skimmers, and will stop them from working properly. Water changes will eventually get rid of the Silicone.

Shelbytwp123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I upgraded the venturi yesterday.... and ... o boy ... what an difference... is one of those things that should be included with this skimmer ... what an difference... Jebao DCP is now running at 90% and not an 100%... no need to split ait intake to keep venturi clean bc inlet is much larger and foam..... well foam is so thick I thought it was a sponge....I also removed the gate valve all together bc at this point I control it with the speed of the pump ... gate valve .. even tho fully open was still presenting an restriction to where I could only run the pump at 70% bc anything higher than that skimmer was overflowing with valve fully open..upgrade your venturi ... you get completely different results ... for better I belive... below is pic of what I got of Amazon ... just have to remove the smal spring and ball and game on after that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-055041_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210128-055041_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 69

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back