Got New Reefbot - any tips I should know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello all, I got my new Reefbot and am going to set it up later today. (it actually came last week but was out of town).

I have read up the threads here and 'done my homework' but any tips that you all have learned that will help me go quicker/easier?

I am primarily focused on phos & nitrate (red sea and tropic marin respectively) but also have API Ca and Red Sea Alk for ad hoc testing.

Thanks in advance!

Blizzahjh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
make sure you follow the instructions on which height to mount the unit / RODI / waste. They have a few ways to setup but it depends on what type of system you are running, sump/sumpless etc.

OP
OP
lactose

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
I am giddy. It just worked first try! I tested alk via redsea as that was only one vial and the quickest test.

I will admit I ran it with the cover off just cuz I wanted to watch it (I'm a nerd)

So I'm running it again cover on and all that good stuff.

After that I'll move on to the other tests.

But so far so good!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lactose

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
One thing I'm confused on. Do I need to do calibrations?

Most support articles said no unless told to do so but then I just saw another one that said to do it every once in awhile & when you receive it...

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
My understanding is the unit comes calibrated, at some point in the future after many test I am assuming it will have to be calibrated again.

I'm in the same boat as you, just got my Reefbot set up last night after some initial hiccups. Loving it so far!

Rick Strauss

View Badges
Reaction score
One thing I'm confused on. Do I need to do calibrations?

Most support articles said no unless told to do so but then I just saw another one that said to do it every once in awhile & when you receive it...
I would check it twice mine was out.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back