HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 can put it in the Vibrant, archives... ;Writing
Vibrant knocked out @HolisticBear 's bubble algae too... ;Woot ;Woot

My three emeralds did nothing for the bubble. Vibrant wiped them out, it took 1+ month. Everything survived, but it was a bit stressful for the anemone. I had two and they both split, so I have four. I'd also say their color isn't the same. I'm confident everything will recover, the bubble algae is GONE. Wall Hammer looked unhappy once or twice, but all hammers look as good as they've ever looked. The nems will recover. I wish they didn't split, but oh well.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My three emeralds did nothing for the bubble. Vibrant wiped them out, it took 1+ month. Everything survived, but it was a bit stressful for the anemone. I had two and they both split, so I have four. I'd also say their color isn't the same. I'm confident everything will recover, the bubble algae is GONE. Wall Hammer looked unhappy once or twice, but all hammers look as good as they've ever looked. The nems will recover. I wish they didn't split, but oh well.
Had the same success with bubble algae and vibrant as well. But it did kill my chaeto as well.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shame it is only going to last a week or 2 with me! (That was said about 4 months ago!) ;)

DSC09030 (1024x764).jpg

Simon,
Sure admire your talent with your sea slug, and it's still my wallpaper at work.

Smiley.jpg

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the same little Regal from the beginning of this build? How long have you have you had her? Beautiful. I have 2 and they are chubby also. Been a year for one and next month a year for the other. Beautiful tank. Mine ha s no corals at this time. The smallest Angel was eating them. I will try again in a few months.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the same little Regal from the beginning of this build? How long have you have you had her? Beautiful. I have 2 and they are chubby also. Been a year for one and next month a year for the other. Beautiful tank. Mine ha s no corals at this time. The smallest Angel was eating them. I will try again in a few months.

Yeah,
It's the same Regal. Brought her in the S-400, in Jan. of 2018.

She loves zoas, but have left all other corals alone. She eats just about any food that I try, and loves Sally's Seaweed Salad too.

I followed @SPR1968 's lead on trying an Regal.

Regals sure are beautiful fish, but the juvi yellow bellies are hard to find.

Code,
Thanks, for the kind words and wish you all the best.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,
It's the same Regal. Brought her in the S-400, in Jan. of 2018.

She loves zoas, but have left all other corals alone. She eats just about any food that I try, and loves Sally's Seaweed Salad too.

I followed @SPR1968 's lead on trying an Regal.

Regals sure are beautiful fish, but the juvi yellow bellies are hard to find.

Code,
Thanks, for the kind words and wish you all the best.

I would not mind them eating zoas. I will have to get some of Sallys Seaweed salad for them. They will eat anything I give them. The yellow belly was only about 2.5 inches and is still small but growing all the time. Got her off DD. They stated she was eating well. And she ate from day 1 for me. I would never get one over 3-4 inches. To many do not survive. Love your fish. Looking forward to mind getting larger.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not mind them eating zoas. I will have to get some of Sallys Seaweed salad for them. They will eat anything I give them. The yellow belly was only about 2.5 inches and is still small but growing all the time. Got her off DD. They stated she was eating well. And she ate from day 1 for me. I would never get one over 3-4 inches. To many do not survive. Love your fish. Looking forward to mind getting larger.

Thank you on the fish, the Achilles is still doing fine too.

I've always had good luck with Divers Den (WYSIWYG) when it comes to fish.

I don't buy fish from LiveAquaria, out of LA.

To me, TSM Corals is top notch, and worth the wait for Ray to find and QT a fish for someone.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you on the fish, the Achilles is still doing fine too.

I've always had good luck with Divers Den (WYSIWYG) when it comes to fish.

I don't buy fish from LiveAquaria, out of LA.

To me, TSM Corals is top notch, and worth the wait for Ray to find and QT a fish for someone.
Agree it’s worth the wait at TSM Corals.
I took two trips down to the new place. Owner and employers are great people and they truly care about the product. Watched them feed the fish and they used a mix of different frozen and pellets so no one has feeding issues.
Thank you GoVols for bring them to my attention

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I lived close enough to go there. Wyoming is a wide open state which I love. But I do miss getting to have trips to the LFS. I feed mostly a mixture of frozen. But my clowns go nuts for a pellet treat!
Ill trade your view for my entire reef, and LFS. I'm not kidding.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I lived close enough to go there. Wyoming is a wide open state which I love. But I do miss getting to have trips to the LFS. I feed mostly a mixture of frozen. But my clowns go nuts for a pellet treat!

Wish I was in Wyoming lol. I am greatful that I have a few outstanding LFS but the rest of the state has nothing to offer me anymore. I will move out west again but won’t come back to the east coast this time.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill trade your view for my entire reef, and LFS. I'm not kidding.

Come on and bring the family and my new reef tank. ;Cat I will be helping my husband build a cabin on our little 2.34 acres piece of mountain heaven.

GoVols thanks for the tip on buying coral from TSM. I am wanting to start purchasing some.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small Update...

Re-calibrated the Alk-T for the first time since the first month, and the GEO's ph probe too.
Came in at 9.1 so used the baseline calibration to match Salifert at 8.9

Got in a brand new Hanna dkh checker and the darn thing is way off, comes in at 8.0... :(
being off by .9 is just terrible... :mad:

Anyways the Sicce .5 was really loud and got the...
Tunze USA 1073.008 Silence Compact Recirculation Pump.

(lol)
The Tunze is way quieter and uses the same specs for the GEO's connections.

Huge update for the Alka-T about two weeks out... :cool:

Achilles tang got spooked and scraped up, but looks like he's getting better by the day.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! If we go with the S-400 I may hit you up for some suggestions.
Reefrats,
Good luck on your decision, but I know you were leaning to a full fuge.

Hello Freddie, I hope everything is ok.
Agreed, hope you are OK Freddie..... Been 11 days since you were on???

Lol

Sorry guys and thanks for checking in!!

We just got back from Gatlinburg and been taking a break from Reef 2 Reef too.

Reef is doing great and remains stable.

Achilles fully recovered... makes us happy.

Pretty low key, but found this thread awhile back for the Salifert alk kit end point... (lavender)

Just about matches the new Hanna to an tee.

Heather is doing just fine with the pregnancy and truly blessed. Due date is March 1st, but C-section is for Feb. 24h... :D

Hope you guys are doing well too!!

Freddie

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back