GoVols Red Sea S-400

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by GoVols, Jun 3, 2017.

1. justingraham

justingraham Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

I have some dead Corals u can use in the calc reactor

GoVols likes this.

2. GoVols

GoVols GRUMORS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Dang Justin!!!

(lol)
    That's just, too sad :(

Freddie

jsker likes this.
  3. MrMichael

MrMichael Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Ouch :(

jsker likes this.
  4. GoVols

GoVols GRUMORS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

O-Tay...

Phase-1:

Moving and re-plumbing the Teco TK1000 Chiller / Heater

(lol)
    Dump, clean out and store your dosing holding tanks, that you have not used in a year ;Wideyed
    1012172132.jpg 1012172133.jpg

Wiggle out your chiller so that you can unplug it's power cable.
    1012172135.jpg

Check to make sure that your power cable is long enough.
    1012172136.jpg

Use an 1995 (retired 5/8") Python No Spill tubing for the new plumping lines.
    Had to use the heat up in micro-wave trick for that one.
    1012172137.jpg

And your "R2D2 / BB-8" has found it's new home and is happy :)
    1012172250.jpg

Thus ends phase-1

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  5. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Caught up now, wow the corals are looking good:)

MrMichael and GoVols like this.
  6. GoVols

Thank you so much!!!

7. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

You run a great system Freddie;)

MrMichael and GoVols like this.
  8. GoVols

Been finding a lot of 4 leaf clover's over the past year :D

MrMichael and jsker like this.
  9. GoVols

@jsker
    How's work going?

Freddie

jsker likes this.
  10. jsker

Working some crazy hours, but find myself coming over to your build for some good reading.

GoVols and MrMichael like this.
  11. MrMichael

MrMichael Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Freddie.JPG

jsker, SPR1968, GoVols and 1 other person like this.
  12. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
    I always know he has one...

jsker, SPR1968, GoVols and 1 other person like this.
  13. GoVols

1 of 4 shipments - BRS

1013171849.jpg

jsker, Amoo, SPR1968 and 2 others like this.
  14. GoVols

Phase-2:

New Apex JR / with PH module, up and running.

Back on Apex Fusion / DOS pumps... have survived.

Thus ends phase-2

15. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Freddie go to bed....you can play with your new toys tomorrow.:D;Wacky

16. GoVols

;Bookworm

"Another common problem when setting up a calcium reactor is getting a correct balance between calcium and alkalinity."

"It is also worth noting that you may have difficulty achieving natural calcium and alkalinity levels if your salinity is less than natural seawater (35ppt) (Holmes-Farley 1998)"

;Wideyed

....... ;Writing
    :)

jsker, MrMichael and SPR1968 like this.
  17. GoVols

O-Tay...
    I guess everyone's figured out that we're going to setup a cal reactor for the S-400.

So, we're going with @hybridazn 's continuous drip / flow / tiny stream method to prevent clogging and we're going to start out at a high melting point inside the reactor and tune down until we find the sweet spot. At that point the Apex ph graph should be spiking up and down like this v v v because it's going to be shutting on and off the regulator a lot and that's ok. Would like to tune in to get a more of a wave ~~~ on the Apex graph but that will come in time and it means that the solenoid is not having to be turned off and on so much.

So per GEO's advise we and going with the coarse reborn media with 10% of the Zeomag in stage one and the ARM small media in stage two. GEO says the ARM media is the best to gas off the Co2 to obtain the best ph and it melts out other trace elements that the Reborn dose not and (lol) GEO was very adamant about these media choices.

During the dial in stage we'll use pure cal / alk and mag until we tune in the reactor and figure we'll still need to dose mag from time to time after the dial in stage.

On another note: I bought the 7 and 10 calibration fluids and I should have bought the 4 and 7, so 4 is shipped and on it's way.

So here's the equipment line up.
    First off when it comes to cal reactor's it's just got to be a GEO.

So we've got the GEO CR612 coming in for stage one and the GEO SMC415 for stage two. Did get an email from GEO today and they were just finished building it and a tracking # should come.

Co2 tanks will be 2 - 5# electric red from the Beverage Factory and they will be here tomorrow.

Regulator:
    Well from my past dealings with regulators I just had to go all in and pay for the best regulator that I know of.
    So we got the Green Leaf Aquariums custom stainless steel 2 stage being hand built and it will get here when it gets here.
    Also, GLA has the utmost best customer service that I've ever dealt with in the Aquarium hobby.

Also, Per Randy... We will continual dosing the Red Sea trace element program for tissue trace elements and I'll keep dosing those below the cal's intake.

For myself: I am a tad scared and I'll need all your support that I can get.

Regards, GoVols

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Alfrareef, jsker, MrMichael and 2 others like this.
  18. SPR1968

SPR1968 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I wonder why that might be, sounds very scary with all that kit but I’m watching with interest!

In the meantime I shall go and research calcium reactors...

jsker and GoVols like this.
  19. GoVols

Shaun,
    I'm a little nervous since the S-400 has already been in the grove and we need to watch the ph.
    But (lol) I'm already a window opening get the Co2, out of the house junkie. If we hit low ph, we have options.

Thanks for tagging.

Freddie

jsker, SPR1968 and MrMichael like this.
  20. MrMichael

Someone on R2R recommended this home CO2 monitor from Amazon. Hardly required, but it would be cool to track the actual CO2 in your house.

jsker, SPR1968 and GoVols like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted