Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by GoVols, Jun 3, 2017.
My blunt opinion of Vibrant, snake oil.
We just did bubble algae surgery.
Could be spore city, but what is done, is done.
Meantime we will study / follow @Jason mack 's lead with the pros and cons within using Vibrant.
And if need be... will beg!!! @saltyfilmfolks to help out the S-400 too
Hahahaha. What? Ya need me to send ya some of my bubble algae??
@GoVols did your mother never tell you too finish your greens before leaving the table !!!!
Your Trigger looks great! Nice and thick for his size, glad he's getting along well. I wonder if he's going to take interest in the urchin and crabs at one point. I know some species will definitely go for em.
Hope the new year brings lots of nice updates
My pair of Blue Throat Triggers don’t seem to hurt crabs as such, but they do pick them up with their mouths and take them ‘tank surfing’ around the tank and then throw them somewhere which is quite amusing. Well maybe not for the crab concerned!
I’ve not seen them touch any of my Urchins as yet, but there’s always tomorrow.....
any updates my friend besides a plate of mixed greens
1) The first 5 lb Co2 just ran out of gas last night, so we got just over 2 months on one tank.
2) The big green sps on top was receding tissue and the BTA may have been stinging it. Moved the bigger half of the duncan back on top and moved the sps next to the smaller duncan or the lower left. We'll just have to see if it recovers.
3) The new Apex Jr was repaired by Neptune Systems / They sent me a tracking # and should here on Monday.
4) Can't explain it, but since I switched to the Salinity Salt mix the S-400's water is staying crystal clear.
5) Just dosing 2ml of the Red Sea Colors once a week, but still chumming away with the Reef Energy.
6) Blue Throat Trigger is very happy.
7) Started pushing a KZ New Gen II (T5) with a KZ Super Blue up front and a KZ Super Blue in the back with the a80's still in the middle.
First time that I've been able to push the Gen II with the Kessils and I always loved that T5. Reef is really bright
8) Just placed a $270 dual order between Marine Depot and BRS / Stocking up on things and going to replace the Super Blues with the ATI Blue +'s. Would not be surprised it the coralline algae gets fades away the BB floor, since we have upped the par and color spectrum.
9) Stopped dosing the ho2o, it was making the Blasto unhappy and got some more bubble algae to cut and siphon out.
10) Starting to see new growth on an old sps that I have not seen for along time. Could be from where the cal reactor keeps the alk stable 24/7
That's about it and thanks for checking in
Well that is an update
GoVols: Post of the day...
As posted above we have moved the arco to the bottom left and the one side of the duncan up top.
You can see the tissue recession in the aroc but we've been struggling with this coral from day one.
I dipped it and did not rinse out the dip
And the lighting line up is:
KZ New Gen II, ATI B+ / Kessil a80's / Giesemann SA, ATI B+
Only the blasto is still adjusting to the above but it's getting better and opening up more each day.
The S-400 is really bright but can still see the Kessil shimmer.
In the below photo's is a picture of the purple sps. It's on the lower left hand side of the reef.
Have not seen new growth rims on it in along time but they have returned since the cal reactor was brought online.
Random shots of the day
Tank looks good!
Very nice tank indeed ! ! !
Man, your plate corals are getting big enough to eat off of lol
Tank looks great nice work! FWIW Vibrant has done fine work against my bubble algae.
Thanks for your feedback on the Vibrant.
I'm copying @SPR1968 (Shaun) again
I've been looking for the right Regal Angel for a fairly long time.
Finally found the one I wanted from Brain at Reefwise in Chicago. It's been fully quarantined / de-stressed and is eating LRS "Reef Frenzy" with PE Mysis. He says the little booger swims up to the glass when people walk by.
I bought it last Friday from his (WYSIWYG) collection and it's about 2.25" in length.
Here's the actual (WYSIWYG) shot of the Regal before Brain took it down after I made the purchase and it's from the Maldives.
I really don't like too many fish in my reef so I took the Blue Throat trigger and traded it in for store credit at the Aquatic Critter on Saturday evening.
The Regal Angel was suppose to be here tomorrow, but Brain and I have been talking about the weather in both cities.
So, We're holding off until Thursday night for a Friday delivery.
Separate names with a comma.