jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,
I can't complain about Neptune Systems. It is a bad box... but I drug my feet too :)

I've seen the cyano issues with vibrant too and we'll see if I use it. I may siphon it, while cutting it out :confused:
Haven't had a new cyano outbreak in a year and a half and smoked the last strain almost a year ago.
@Rick.45cal took the ride on that one with me :eek: and case subject #2 (lol) @jsker ...not so much??? ;Hilarious

The Salinity has always been known to be cloudy unless you pour in each 1/2 cup about 10mins apart ;Wacky and don't heat that stuff while mixing :D

My blunt opinion of Vibrant, snake oil.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay...

We just did bubble algae surgery.
1230172204.jpg

Could be spore city, but what is done, is done.

Meantime we will study / follow @Jason mack 's lead with the pros and cons within using Vibrant.

And if need be... will beg!!! :D @saltyfilmfolks to help out the S-400 too :)

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay...

We just did bubble algae surgery.
1230172204.jpg

Could be spore city, but what is done, is done.

Meantime we will study / follow @Jason mack 's lead with the pros and cons within using Vibrant.

And if need be... will beg!!! :D @saltyfilmfolks to help out the S-400 too :)
@GoVols did your mother never tell you too finish your greens before leaving the table !!!!:p
:D:D

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Trigger looks great! Nice and thick for his size, glad he's getting along well. I wonder if he's going to take interest in the urchin and crabs at one point. I know some species will definitely go for em.

Hope the new year brings lots of nice updates

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Trigger looks great! Nice and thick for his size, glad he's getting along well. I wonder if he's going to take interest in the urchin and crabs at one point. I know some species will definitely go for em.

Hope the new year brings lots of nice updates
My pair of Blue Throat Triggers don’t seem to hurt crabs as such, but they do pick them up with their mouths and take them ‘tank surfing’ around the tank and then throw them somewhere which is quite amusing. Well maybe not for the crab concerned!

I’ve not seen them touch any of my Urchins as yet, but there’s always tomorrow.....

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Stig any updates my friend besides a plate of mixed greens:p:D

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Stig any updates my friend besides a plate of mixed greens:p:D
Let's See... ;Wideyed

1) The first 5 lb Co2 just ran out of gas last night, so we got just over 2 months on one tank.

2) The big green sps on top was receding tissue and the BTA may have been stinging it. Moved the bigger half of the duncan back on top and moved the sps next to the smaller duncan or the lower left. We'll just have to see if it recovers.

3) The new Apex Jr was repaired by Neptune Systems / They sent me a tracking # and should here on Monday.

4) Can't explain it, but since I switched to the Salinity Salt mix the S-400's water is staying crystal clear.

5) Just dosing 2ml of the Red Sea Colors once a week, but still chumming away with the Reef Energy.

6) Blue Throat Trigger is very happy.

7) Started pushing a KZ New Gen II (T5) with a KZ Super Blue up front and a KZ Super Blue in the back with the a80's still in the middle.
First time that I've been able to push the Gen II with the Kessils and I always loved that T5. Reef is really bright :)

8) Just placed a $270 dual order between Marine Depot and BRS / Stocking up on things and going to replace the Super Blues with the ATI Blue +'s. Would not be surprised it the coralline algae gets fades away the BB floor, since we have upped the par and color spectrum.

9) Stopped dosing the ho2o, it was making the Blasto unhappy :( and got some more bubble algae to cut and siphon out.

10) Starting to see new growth on an old sps that I have not seen for along time. Could be from where the cal reactor keeps the alk stable 24/7 :confused: :D

(lol)
That's about it and thanks for checking in :)

Last edited:

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's See... ;Wideyed

1) The first 5 lb Co2 just ran out of gas last night, so we got just over 2 months on one tank.

2) The big green sps on top was receding tissue and the BTA may have been stinging it. Moved the bigger half of the duncan back on top and moved the sps next to the smaller duncan or the lower right. We'll just have to see if it recovers.

3) The new Apex Jr was repaired by Neptune Systems / They sent me a tracking # and should here on Monday.

4) Can't explain it, but since I switched to the Salinity Salt mix the S-400's water is staying crystal clear.

5) Just dosing 2ml of the Red Sea Colors once a week, but still chumming away with the Reef Energy.

6) Blue Throat Trigger is very happy.

7) Started pushing a KZ New Gen II (T5) with a KZ Super up front and a KZ Super Blue in the back with the a80's still in the middle.
First time that I've been able to push the Gen II with the Kessils and I always loved that T5. Reef is really bright :)

8) Just placed a $270 dual order between Marine Depot and BRS / Stocking up on things and going to replace the Super Blues with the ATI Blue +'s. Would not be surprised it the coralline algae gets gone from the BB floor, since we have upped the par and color spectrum.

9) Stopped dosing the ho2o, it was making the Blasto unhappy :( and got some more bubble algae to cut and siphon out.

10) Starting to see new growth on an old sps that I have not seen for along time. Could be from where the cal reactor keeps the alk stable 27/7 :confused: :D

(lol)
That's about it and thanks for checking in :)
Well that is an update:)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoVols: Post of the day...

Welp,
As posted above we have moved the arco to the bottom left and the one side of the duncan up top.
You can see the tissue recession in the aroc but we've been struggling with this coral from day one.
I dipped it and did not rinse out the dip :eek:

And the lighting line up is:
KZ New Gen II, ATI B+ / Kessil a80's / Giesemann SA, ATI B+

Only the blasto is still adjusting to the above but it's getting better and opening up more each day.
The S-400 is really bright but can still see ;Wideyed the Kessil shimmer.

In the below photo's is a picture of the purple sps. It's on the lower left hand side of the reef.
Have not seen new growth rims on it in along time but they have returned since the cal reactor was brought online.

Random shots of the day :)
0113181801a.jpg
0113181754b.jpg
0113181754.jpg
0113181754_HDR.jpg
0113181754a.jpg
0113181755_HDR.jpg
0113181756_HDR.jpg
0113181756a.jpg
0113181757_HDR.jpg
0113181757a_HDR.jpg
0113181757b_HDR.jpg
0113181757c_HDR.jpg
0113181758_HDR.jpg
0113181759_HDR.jpg
0113181753a.jpg

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp,
I'm copying @SPR1968 (Shaun) again :D

I've been looking for the right Regal Angel for a fairly long time.
Finally found the one I wanted from Brain at Reefwise in Chicago. It's been fully quarantined / de-stressed and is eating LRS "Reef Frenzy" with PE Mysis. He says the little booger swims up to the glass when people walk by.

I bought it last Friday from his (WYSIWYG) collection and it's about 2.25" in length.

Here's the actual (WYSIWYG) shot of the Regal before Brain took it down after I made the purchase and it's from the Maldives.
DSC1822-Edit.jpg

I really don't like too many fish in my reef so I took the Blue Throat trigger and traded it in for store credit at the Aquatic Critter on Saturday evening.

The Regal Angel was suppose to be here tomorrow, but Brain and I have been talking about the weather in both cities.
So, We're holding off until Thursday night for a Friday delivery.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back