justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught up glad everything is going well buddy

U should have pm’ed me my lfs had them and qts there also a sponsor on here Tsm Corals it’s where all my fish are from can’t beat the prices and I know they qt because well I can pick a fish and watch it go thru each qt station and takes a month and a half before they sell it to me if ur looking for another fish I recommend them

U should get at water sensor for the apex I just got one as I lost ten gallons of sump water all over my floor(ruined 80 year old hardwood) I stink at water changes I put the pump in feed mode instead of powering it off was cleaning my flow sensor so I removed it went out to the garage and came back to an ocean I wish I had a daughter my cats didn’t come tell me anything silly cats

Glad ur tank and u are doing wel
Justin

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just caught up glad everything is going well buddy

U should have pm’ed me my lfs had them and qts there also a sponsor on here Tsm Corals it’s where all my fish are from can’t beat the prices and I know they qt because well I can pick a fish and watch it go thru each qt station and takes a month and a half before they sell it to me if ur looking for another fish I recommend them

U should get at water sensor for the apex I just got one as I lost ten gallons of sump water all over my floor(ruined 80 year old hardwood) I stink at water changes I put the pump in feed mode instead of powering it off was cleaning my flow sensor so I removed it went out to the garage and came back to an ocean I wish I had a daughter my cats didn’t come tell me anything silly cats

Glad ur tank and u are doing wel
Justin
Justin,
Thanks for taking the time to catch up.

I'm mowing over getting the Apex leak detector and it's probably a no-brainer call.

If I want another fish, pm will be sent and new Regal Angel is all good. Still remember that cute little Copperband you had for a few days and have no doubt that he was qt'd and healthy. I'd really trust Reefwise and Brain qt's his fish too.

Hope that your reef is still all good since RB's swapped out your lights and it was sure nice to see Jackie pop in for awhile.

I think you guys gave Jackie the right advise, in rebooting the 180 and that reef was not the same since the power outage. Hope her body heals and she has a good trip in DC.

I'll leave the thread on an up note:
20938.jpeg

Heidi is almost 4 months old

:)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp Guys...

(lol)
After @HolisticBear twisted my arm, we got a new coral.

It's a Flathead Dendro colony.

Gotta give Ben at @BSA Corals a big kudos, for really working with me and went way beyond regular customer service to make sure that a got the piece, that I really wanted.

I did feed it fish pellet food, but (lol) it closed up digesting the pellet food for about 48 hours :eek:

It's back and starting to look really good again. Will feed it Reef Roids for now on.

It likes a lot of flow so re-directed one re-circ pump return and adjusted the gyre from the lowest pulse setting to three clicks.

So, Here's some random shots of the... "Orange Crush"

0210181157.jpg
0213181832a.jpg
0209182300.jpg
0213181828.jpg

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dendro is looking happy! Funny, I was wondering if mine was getting to much flow. How can you tell?
I don't know??? :confused:

Salty told me that they like a lot of strong, fluctuating flow.
When I feed the Reef Frenzy, it goes past it's polyps and they really open up :)

They are just swaying like duncan polyps do.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice ! ! !

Nice looking FTS with Angel looking great ! !
Fudsey,
Thanks and (lol) I had to get the Regal in there too :D

Freddie

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty told me that they like a lot of strong, fluctuating flow.
When I feed the Reef Frenzy, it goes past it's polyps and they really open up :)

Good to hear from Salty. I need more swaying, it's more a pulsing hurricane in one direction :eek: I really like these little candy corns.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear from Salty. I need more swaying, it's more a pulsing hurricane in one direction :eek: I really like these little candy corns.
Yeah,
My polyps sway and then they stop. So I'm not hitting them with straight on, direct current.

Still going to feed the Reef Roids like the video that we found.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoVols: Update for the week...

Welp, as you can see ;Wideyed we busted the bank and spent some big time money for the S-400 this week.

Poor ole Tunze (9002) skimmer brush broke in half and bought an replacement.
0220181716a.jpg

The next could help @Anirban ???

If you've got a bare bottom reef and use the Python "No Spill" to suck out the detritus during your weekly water change.
Came up with this gizmo. 24" tall straight hard tube ;Wacky. Bought it from Amazon and it's got an 5/8" O. D. with an 1/2" I. D.

Perfect fit:
0220181713a.jpg
0220181714c.jpg
0220181716.jpg

Grand total for this weeks upgrades... tad under $17

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should get that. I bought the python gravel tube, but it's too large. I can't start the siphon. I really want something tall & skinny. Link?

I have to say... feels like a tease. Hoping for something with a few more zeros at the end. I see some space near Strippy there for a nice carpet anemone :)

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp Guys...

(lol)
After @HolisticBear twisted my arm, we got a new coral.

It's a Flathead Dendro colony.

Gotta give Ben at @BSA Corals a big kudos, for really working with me and went way beyond regular customer service to make sure that a got the piece, that I really wanted.

I did feed it fish pellet food, but (lol) it closed up digesting the pellet food for about 48 hours :eek:

It's back and starting to look really good again. Will feed it Reef Roids for now on.

It likes a lot of flow so re-directed one re-circ pump return and adjusted the gyre from the lowest pulse setting to three clicks.

So, Here's some random shots of the... "Orange Crush"

0210181157.jpg
0213181832a.jpg
0209182300.jpg
0213181828.jpg

Very nice!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989