GoVols Red Sea S-400

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by GoVols, Jun 3, 2017.

1. GoVols

GoVols Cobb-Webb 1989 R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader MTRCMember R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Fudsey,
    Thank You :)

jsker and Fudsey like this.

2. bif24701

bif24701 Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Vibrant Reef Aquarium cleaner is a super product and I have used it to great effect.

3. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award 3RMAS Member Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

Finally caught up! I don't know why I stopped getting alerts, I must have missed one along the way.

Glad to see things going good, that dendro is awesome! And cute baby :) haha

fabutahoun, jsker, GoVols and 3 others like this.
  4. GoVols

GoVols Cobb-Webb 1989 R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader MTRCMember R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Hybird,
    Those dendros are a little wacko ;Wacky, but really cool.

Heidi is growing like a weed and thanks for taking the time to catch up.

Rakie and myself don't get alerts either :confused:

Freddie

5. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I have the same problem. It's like R2R has either a maximum number of alerts and later ones are just dropped or if you check in too often, it gets confused and gets the count wrong. I've missed a bunch on people's build threads updates :(

6. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

Catching up Freddie! How is the trigger doing?

SPR1968 and GoVols like this.
  7. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award 3RMAS Member Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor

What happens is if you don't check on an update for a thread it won't send you another one. That's how it's programmed, it thinks you are done with that thread so to speak.

You can get as many alerts as you want. I can have up to hundreds a day

fabutahoun, jsker, SPR1968 and 2 others like this.
  8. GoVols

Jsker,
    An juvenile (WYISWIG) Regal Angel came up with Brian at Reefwise. So, pulled the trigger for the Regal Angel.

So, For the sake of aggression and the bio-load, I traded in the Blue Throat Trigger to my local reef shop for store credit. Got a pm the next day from another local R2R member and our local reef shop had already sold the Blue Throat, that same evening.

The Austrian-Stripey is getting huge and is a food hog. Feel like I'm over feeding the reef because I'm trying to get the food past the Stripey and keep the other fish fed too.

Freddie

SPR1968 and jsker like this.
  9. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

For this reason I started using the "Watched Thread" button more often in case I missed someone's post in a thread I'm watching :)

fabutahoun, najer, SPR1968 and 3 others like this.
  10. elisa h

elisa h Active Member

I’ve found the app to be better to catch up on watched threads because you can use the subscribed tab instead of relying on notifications

11. GoVols

@elisa h
    Have you been doing good?

Freddie

SPR1968, elisa h and jsker like this.
  12. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I thought I'd get an alert every time a watched thread was updated, but that doesn't happen.

Great tip on the watched threads tab! You can also use that view in the browser and I see build threads that were updated today, yet there is no alert anywhere when do a "Show All" on my Alerts and scroll back o_O

EDIT: The Watched Threads seems to be the ticket!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  13. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

What is the Subscribed view you speak of? Is it in the app? I stopped using the app when Rev said that the mobile site was redesigned and am glad I did..... Sooooo much better than the app. more like the site on a PC

SPR1968, jsker and GoVols like this.
  14. HolisticBear

My mistake, I was sloppy with my terms., I meant Watched Threads. I 'watch' threads of interest and rely on alerts to keep me updated, but instead of half-working alerts, I should be using Watched Threads.
    Tabs.JPG

15. Fudsey

That's what I was thinking but didn't know for sure :)

jsker, HolisticBear and GoVols like this.
  16. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

With upgrades to the site the watched threads sometime get nullified in regards to alerts.

HolisticBear, Fudsey and GoVols like this.
  17. Fudsey

My favorite button ;Yuck;Yuck

jsker, najer and GoVols like this.
  18. GoVols

[​IMG]

jsker likes this.
  19. jsker

I find myself resubscribing to thread all the time.

GoVols likes this.
  20. GoVols

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    jsker likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted