0   0   0

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot... :rolleyes:

It would not be the same, without you guys and gals tagging along.

:)
Without sounding ‘thick’ Freddie is that you in your avatar photo or a famous American footballer or other sport with an orange hat!?

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without sounding ‘thick’ Freddie is that you in your avatar photo or a famous American footballer or other sport with an orange hat!?

lol,
I hate sport now, and our coach :(

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overhead shots...

IMG_20180406_174410.jpg
IMG_20180406_174443.jpg
IMG_20180406_174452.jpg
IMG_20180406_174459.jpg
IMG_20180406_174526.jpg
IMG_20180406_174544.jpg
IMG_20180406_174558.jpg
IMG_20180406_174604.jpg

giphy.gif

Nothing like the Shoney's Big Boy

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,
The avi that I fly most of the time is the Power T and that's for the Tennessee Vols "Football" college.

Back in the mid 80's Angelia and myself really got into NHL hockey. Well it's playoff time here in Nashville so I'm flying PK Subban.
If and when the Predators get knocked off the Power T will be up and flying.

When it was NHL playoff time last year I ran PK until we got knocked out in the 6th game of the finals of the Stanley cup :(

My user name is GoVols meaning Go Vols. Down here we say Go Vols!!!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,
The avi that I fly most of the time is the Power T and that's for the Tennessee Vols "Football" college.

Back in the mid 80's Angelia and myself really got into NHL hockey. Well it's playoff time here in Nashville so I'm flying PK Subban.

When it was NHL playoff time last year I ran PK until we got knocked out in the 6th game of the finals of the Stanley cup :(

It’s all become clear now lol!

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back to the GoVols diary...

Well is been along time so why not hit the ole diary... Dinos :eek: :eek: :eek:

Somethings to remember:
I do have an 2013 Red Sea Max S-400 and back then the S-Series came with an 10 bulb T5 canopy so that you could grow even the most demanding SPS anywhere in the tank.

Also, Forget the scape as it is today. It was re-scaped after the dinos and it was re-scaped for an Achilles tang. So I still have a lot of old live rock that is in bins out in the garage.

Anyways...
Back then the S-400 was maxed out with SPS including an ton of sticks that had grew into colonies.
Well, I really did not know better and it was really under feeding the reef and kept a super low fish bio-load too.

Also, I was making too many water changes and the water column was too clean. Did not know that then but it setup the perfect environment to come in and had nothing going on, to out compete dinos.

Well, I did get dinos and there was no need for an scope on that strain. It was the snotty green bubbly dinos.

Not knowing any better at that time, water changes was my fix to everything, but not this time.
I started doing more water changes and it was like adding gas to a fire :eek:

Called my local reef shop and the owner came by the house, but by that time I was in deep pooh.

He said you need to save what you got and start fragging.
Well, we're talking about almost two years worth of SPS growth and I said... "No way"

Went for broke or nothing on that call and I came out with just about... nothing :(

Ather 3 months of reef hell, I bought an FM product and it was called Ultra Algae X and you could only get it from Barrier Reef Aquariums in Washington. Now it's called Dino X.

Well, I followed the instructions to a tee and it did kill "that" dino strain and all inverts exception being BTA's, but I already knew that.

I had an wonderful Crocea clam from reefs back, but it had bored so deep that I just could not get it out without killing it and it died too.

Well,
I still don't know all the answers to dinos and still running pretty close to ULNS parameters, but I feed a lot more to keeping competing bacteria's, nutrients and other things up, to help, compete with dinos.

If I catch dinos agian, it sure will not be treating with a ton of water changes and will start with dosing bacteria's from day one.

To myself: Dinos is not if your going to lose sps before it's over, but how much your going to lose before it's over.

If anyone would like to add to their experiences or incite, then please feel free... ;Writing

Regards, GoVols

Last edited:

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968 just to clarify for you. The image is of a Hockey player in the NHL that plays for the Nashville Predators. His name is P.K. Subban

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SPR1968 just to clarify for you. The image is of a Hockey player in the NHL that plays for the Nashville Predators.
His name is P.K. Subban

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

latest

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,

Thanks For the sports info. I don't have a clue about american football or hockey.

I was watching NBA when I a was kid until few years ago, started with the days of Michael Jordan with the Bulls, and ended with Jason Kidd with Dallas mavericks.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hated PK with Montreal but now with the Predz I can dig it. Here’s a pic from coach’s 06 Mug with that other club. This was early in the evening before the champagne started flowing :) Assuming they don’t meet my Bruins in the finals I’ll be rooting for Nashville!

DF2F277E-CFA6-4CCA-B978-5E60C3EA3D64.jpeg

CaptianPaulie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,

The preds made out like bandits shea weber is fantastic but subban is so good im from the buffalo area so usually when i go to games its to watch the other team i saw subban skate back when he was on montreal and hes in my opinion a top 5 defenseman maybe even top 3

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did crush Montreal in the Weber / Subban deal and they can have Weber's long term contract.

Heck,
I just want the Preds to get out of the first round.

The Stanley cup is the hardest thing in North American, pro sports to pull off
JMO :)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming they don’t meet my Bruins in the finals I’ll be rooting for Nashville!
DF2F277E-CFA6-4CCA-B978-5E60C3EA3D64.jpeg

Thank You!!!

The picture with "The Cup" is awesome!!!

CaptianPaulie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey now you know you got a guy behind the bench that can get it done! I completely agree about it being the toughest championship to win. Playoff Hockey is by far the best 6 weeks of the year!
Yea seriously football is bull they give the best team home field advantage then the fans that support them all year dont even get to see them win in their home stadium. Plus its a few games lol

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Guys,
Work has been slammed and we have company coming in for the weekend.

But... Wanted to show you guys the Pre-Game show (6:42 long) that the Predators put on last night for the first game of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Freddie

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...
The S-400 is still doing good and we do have "new" Freaky kind :confused: of carpet anemone in the tank.
That's why we stopped the Vibrant.

nga0116.jpg

It's tentacles spreads out like tiny fingers (nets) and it catches Reef Roids and then it pulls the RR's to it mouth.

Still studying it and taking notes ;Writing as we go. So far it's still in great shape, but too soon to call ;Nailbiting

Have never seen an species like this an it's about 3.5" wide.

Tried it in sand, but it moved to the scape and has not moved ever since. To this point it likes low light :confused:

From what I understand, Julian Sprung has saw the species too, but no clear identification has been given.

Thanks for tagging along!!

Regards, GoVols

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back